• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against pit...

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
No matter how hard I try, I can't beat pit. I can't SHDA because hit arrows are 69 times faster. It's hard to aerial combo because he can fly. Is Pit just TL's kryptonite?

soresu

Smash Rookie
A camping pit is really annoying. Try rolling/jumping into medium range. You will prob be hit because he can curve arrows upwards to hit you while jumping, and also anticipate/punish your rolls by charging the arrows slightly longer and shooting you when your roll finishes. Basically against a good pit you WILL be hit by arrows when approaching.

There's basically this zone where pit can't hit you with his fsmash and you can dodge his arrows by jumping up and down. Once you get into this range, mix it up with some boomerangs and bombs. Hopefully a few connect and you get to spam some aerials against pit. You have to stay aggressive and stay close. Spam some neutral a's, spot dodge and punish. Keep the hits going and pray for victory.

Pit is annoying as hell because long range he ***** you, and close range he can still put up a fight if he's good. But you at least have a chance when close. The good thing is once pit is off the stage, you can punish his recovery pretty well. Hit him out of his up-b and he dies.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
You can try pulling out a bomb and then double jumping to try to hit him with the bomb. When you throw it, pull out another bomb and throw and repeat. If he dodges or gets hit, it stops the spam attack. Just jump and pelt him with those bombs.

Silfalas

Smash Rookie
Once you get close, abuse your range with your sword. Pit's smashes are short and on the spot. Same for his aerials. Also, the boomerang can counter his forward b.
Pit is super annoying. I just highlighted the pros against him. Hope it helped.

Top Bottom