• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against green mario

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
i hav been having alot of trouble against marios lately, well just green mario actually. I can kill other marios, just not him. I want to know what ppl hav to say about fighting a mario, strategies and edgegaurding him especially.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Well, Green Mario is no normal Mario...

Off the edge he's done for. Just get him out there quickly.

Avoid smashes and you should be fine.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
the thing is though he usually always DIs perfectly up and marios can recover easily downwards cuz of that D air, and in the rare occasion of him ever recovering to the ledge that UP B move he has always outprioritizes my down smash or down tilt. Sometimes i can get in that down air from the ledge but the opportunity doesnt happen often

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
No, it is his name. Like Brown Mario.

Anyway, if he does go low grab the edge just before you think he'll u-b then drop down and b-air him while invincible. Just don't let him close enough to the stage to tech it. If he goes high just b-air him. At the very worst you should trade hits.

You could also wait for him to try and d-air you and then WD back and f-tilt him off the stage.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
thx i guess i under estimated the back air for edge gaurding. i rly must try it against mario. I dont know why i rly dont use it for edge gaurding. I also forget to mention he throws fireballs at perfect angles toward me. so like if i grab the edge the fireballs hit me and if i dodge it he wuld make it back.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Yeah, well fireballs can be a real *****. You can b-air them though I think and just DI the b-air into him or re-grab the ledge. It's tough though.

You can attack him from further out off the edge. Use a jump or two and fly out there with a b-air or f-air. Heck anything (even a n-air which is too sexy) should get the job done. Even if you trade hits you should kill him and survive.

Maybe try and hit him with the projectile of the u-b? I don't know how effective that'd be but anytime you can KO with that is awesome.

Top Bottom