• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against floaties

Xaniede

Smash Rookie
I'll be blunt, I'm really awful when I play against either Jigglypuff and Peach with Fox. I do pretty well against Falco and Sheik players but floaties are my kryptonite. How should I approach and what should I generally do to combat against Jigglypuff and Peach players?

Arche

Smash Rookie
There is your mistake : you approach.
The easy way to these match-ups is to camp with shdl until they approach. Then your superior movements will allow you to bait/dodge their approach, and punish afterward, either with waveshine to grab/upsmash on Peach or [insert good punishes] on Puff.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Alternatively, if you want to approach, play like a floaty. What this means is you don't go for combos. You just go for isolated hits and make sure they hit kinda hard. Luigi is the worst. I HATE playing against him. Honestly, he is the least fun to face in friendlies for me. I just wanna go ham in friendlies and I can't against Luigi. But if I just hit him once and don't worry much about follow-ups then I can just keep center stage and continue having the advantage in neutral because I'm Fox. That's how I play against Puff and Luigi and how I would play against the likes of any other floaty character in the game.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Puff- Laser camp; DD; up throw > up air; wall them out with u tilt and Bair.

Peach- same as puff plus drill shine > WD> up smash.

Vs Luigi you can just laser camp, stray bairs, and shine him off stage.
Edgeguarding: Respect his double jump, shine the end of his tornado, shine his side B(shine his hat, not his head). CC shine (mash B) when he sweetspots with up B.

Last edited:

Evoke

Smash Apprentice
be really really really careful w/ double jump vs puff and peach, its so easy to get gimped out of your second jump and then die
also dont fall for the usual puff rest setups (utilt, uthrow, illusion on stage, shielded smash attacks)

Top Bottom