• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help against falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaMari

Smash Rookie
my brother is a falco player and i play marth, fox, and cpt falcon and he is ok technique wise and im way better than him in technique but he still beats me somehow, i think its mindgames. i shffl, wavedash, short hop (i think a lil too much) and i do all the techniques but i still lose. can you please help me

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Since you don't have any videos and I don't really know how you guys play I'll base my answer on the fact that you say your better technique wise. Make sure your playing him and not just randomly shffling and doing moves everywhere. Focus on trying to hit and avoid him more than doing shffls and such. A lot of shffls and attacks can easily be wavedash back to fsmash or just plain fsmashed if your not paying attention to your spacing and what your opponent is doing.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
u'll find that there are sooooooooooo many threads like this. "how do i beat my friend? he's good but im better so how am i losing?" the answer could be ANYWHERE. ur spacing could be off, u might be using laggy ground moves too much, you might not be edgeguarding enough, u might be falling for SHL spamming, you might not know what part of the stage to keep to, you might be wavedashing for no good reason and not using it sensibly, your shffling might be pointless or predictable, you might not be using marth's side-B recovery.

If any of these accusations sound absurd, it's because you havn't provided enough info about how you play. For all we know you could be the nubiest of the newbs, or you could be Ken's reincarnation with a brother who's PC chris's. WE NEED VIDEOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom