• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against CF shield grab spammer?

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
need help going against a CF that spams shield grabs..i'm talking about 40+ attempted grabs per 4 stock match. he lands about half of those...and it's really getting under my nerves. anyway to counter the grabs?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Don't get close. Just shoot lasers and let him get screwed over. Unless he moves then your screwed.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
need help going against a CF that spams shield grabs..i'm talking about 40+ attempted grabs per 4 stock match. he lands about half of those...and it's really getting under my nerves. anyway to counter the grabs?
Land behind him/grab him first. Everyone blocks against falco, make his sheild useless by grabbing him, he'll have to find another approach.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
um, just hit low on the shield, l-cancel your arials and then shine. Shield grab is slower than l-cancel shine, assuming you hit low on their shield. The other advice is also good, and you shouldn't ever get shield-grabbed as Falco for all these reasons.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
I think if you run towards him, shorthop, then do a bair on the c-stick, you'll land behind him, not get shield-grabbed, and there's a possibility he'll get hit if he lets his shield down.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Frame data proves Falco can't get shieldgrabbed after an aerial when he uses Shine immediately after, subject to you're doing it correctly. It also depends on when you Dair his shield(starting the animation lower to the ground helps). So if you don't shine the first frame you can after the lag of your Dair, your chances of getting shieldgrabbed will rise.

Top Bottom