• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against campy/crouching shiek

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I've got this friend who plays an annoying sheik and his gameplay consists of throwing needles, running to the other end of the stage to re-charge needles, and crouch cancels my moves into chaingrabs.

My only thought process from this is to play a better ground game, covering up more from the center of the stage to avoid her running away, to fair/dair her crouch cancels.

On another note, I found a neat technique against my friend. When he would fair me, I could DI out and up, and punish his followup with a fast-falled fair.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Full range fairs aren't CC punishable. The thing that sucks about Ganondorf, but also makes him rewarding is that if you KNOW what your opponent is going to do you can punish it...if not you're going to die. You have to be a mind-reader to get a lot of mileage out of him, and if you're already onto your opponent's game plan you should be countering it accordingly. If they are just going to CC you bait them into the CC but hit them with an attack like fair, or dair if you can sneak it in. Grabs won't work obviously, and a lot of tilts will just get punished because crouching is faster than any tilt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom