• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against a Lucas

bbRake

Smash Rookie
I wasn't really sure how to approach my opponent (Lucas) in my school tournament.

He commonly used b-stick pk fire and sh nair and was an aggressive player overall.

His pkfire I could kind of handle, but I had no clue how to get out of his nair. Any suggestions?

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
Practice your spacing...sometimes the basics are more important than advanced techniques.

btw did you win or lose?

bbRake

Smash Rookie
I lost.
Yeah, I guess I just wasn't thinking clearly because the large audience intimidated me.
Made too many mistakes actually and might have easily won if I used better spacing.

What really made me angry were the prizes.

He (first place) got an iPod and 50 dollar gift card.

I got five chocolate bars...

ellelaby's younger brother

Smash Apprentice
I lost.
Yeah, I guess I just wasn't thinking clearly because the large audience intimidated me.
Made too many mistakes actually and might have easily won if I used better spacing.

What really made me angry were the prizes.

He (first place) got an iPod and 50 dollar gift card.

I got five chocolate bars...
That annoys me...

I can just imagine it happening to me... Falco is sometimes... unreliable. Or maybe I've just lately been having a bad time with him (against my brother). I think thats it...

Grunt

Smash Master
i play against a very good Lucas, so i think i can help.

shield is your friend. shield graabbing more importantly. since there is a reasonable bit of lag after a PK fire, shield>dashA>Up Smash works great. Lucas' airs (some anyway) have almost zero landing lag, so he can land and go straight into a neutral A combo, so prepare to roll backwards or shield when he lands.

something a lot of people forget is that Falco's down B can still reflect projectiles including a PK fire.

Lucas' recovery isnt as gimpable as Ness' but (if your ninja enough) you can shoot his thunder, or reflect it (Down B). his thunder is so slow, once it's off, he cant catch up with it.

dont try to roll past lucas while he does his Fsmash, Dsmash or Upsmash, they hit from behind.

SHDL to counter a PK fire is very effective.

chain grab, spike, all the basics.

look out for lucas' air moves. they have more range and sweetspots than you.

basically keep him away until he ****s up enough to punish him.

Top Bottom