• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help a smasher out?

B Link

Smash Lord
I am a long time member of the smash 64 community (since 2006/2007ish) and have recently gotten tremendously ill. More information can be found here: http://www.gofundme.com/vzhmss

I would try and give back to the community if I somehow got 100% healthy (e.g. hosting tournies, trying to increase popularity for our game, etc.). Please consider donating if you feel it's for a good enough cause.

(If this sort of thing is not allowed here, please feel free to delete or close the thread).

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
How long do the gofundme donations stay open? I really want to donate but I don't get paid until Friday. I understand the needs of people with illnesses. My mother and sister both have multiple sclerosis, an autoimmune disease that wears down the myelin sheathes that insulate the nervous system. It's a disease that quite literally short circuit your nervous system. Luckily, they don't have very severe cases of this (bad cases cause you to lose entire functions of various limbs).

I hope things get better for you, B Link.

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
So, after Day 1 $250 was raised! Thank you to Shears, Preston, and Gav for donating (smash player donations)!

I don't think it ends until the goal is met, BananaBolts. Thank you for considering making a donation :)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
$160 from Flaoc 11 will be donated. Ybombb has it

B Link

Smash Lord
Just picked it up from YBOMBB and messaged Revan, Vwls, and Pidge saying thank you for their extremely gracious donation. I'll try my best to make out to the next FLAOC, even if to just show up and volunteer or something!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Just picked it up from YBOMBB and messaged Revan, Vwls, and Pidge saying thank you for their extremely gracious donation. I'll try my best to make out to the next FLAOC, even if to just show up and volunteer or something!
you just worry about having a good time dude. we got the tourney under control :)

Smeagol

Smash Rookie
In my opinioin, this is happening to you cause you got robbed about a year ago (still remember that post). Your mind suppressed the shock so now it's coming out in the form of physical symptoms. So maybe you should try doing this. Go back to your past in your mind, to the moment where you got robbed and recreate the whole scene in your mind (in details) and after that say (say this to universe, or to God, doesn't matter): "Thank you that I'm still alive. I will overcome this and then use my experience to help other people who are suffering from the same thing". Try it, it might help a bit. Who knows.

Cheerz and GL :)

B Link

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice Smeagol. I 100% agree with you. I really was traumatized on the inside after that incident, even though I'm a tough guy and tried to conceal it externally. I became a lot more distrustful of people afterwards, even if a little kid approached me weirdly. It just became a habit that I couldn't control; the brain stores those kinds of memories with unusual intensity I guess. I feel like it would've been best to see a psychologist right after the incident, but this was the first time I got assaulted in my life so I just didn't know what to do.

There's a lot of stuff I haven't shared of course: e.g. I played with study drugs trying to get into law school and had my first attack after overdosing one day last year around April.

I highly recommend that anyone who goes through some sort of trauma see PROFESSIONAL help as soon as they can.

Last edited:

MasterSplinter

Smash Cadet
I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm only a kid so I can't donate (don't have a debit card/paypal account) but I'll give what help I can.

Splinter

B Link

Smash Lord
So it has been a while since I started this thread, and it warrants updates:

Overall I have to say I am much better. I had been suffering for about a year, and was severely suffering for about 8 months. I don't want to make anyone depressed or overly worried, but I want to make it clear that it was so severe that I attempted to "end things" several times over that period, via drowning or hanging myself.

I am still on the drug Effexor XR (an antidepressant/anxiolytic) and I don't know what'll happen once I start trying to taper off of it, but I'm just happy to be able to function semi-normally again, regardless of whether I'm on meds or not. I am no longer pacing back and forth for hours in my house worrying about attacks. I will have small episodes from time to time, but I've been trained to handle them.

The total raised was about ~$200 from smash players and ~$500 from my relatives. This allowed me to attend 4 psychotherapy sessions at $150 each (they don't charge tax). The $100 I just saved; I'll probably use it to refill my meds.

The psychotherapy was TREMENDOUSLY helpful. After 2 sessions I pretty much regained the ability to look at screens for normal periods of time (I couldn't look for even a second since September of last year). After the next 2 sessions I was able to eat normal foods again (I was on a strictly clean diet for about the same period of time). Fruit juice, energy drinks, and caffeine still throw me off, but I don't see that as a big deal.

I am unable to afford more sessions at the moment. However I am starting to feel confident enough to resume light work sometime soon. I will try to give back to the community somehow once that gets rolling.

Finally, I will be attending FLAOC 12 this Saturday.

Last edited:

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
that's great news, dude. glad you are feeling confident enough to attend a smash tourney! Crowded places often trigger attacks for me, but just know that it's gonna be awesome people playing smash and that's it! They don't care about X, Y, or Z (well maybe Z if he goes, but definitely not YBOMBB), they just want everyone to have fun playing smash. 64 players are just like that (maybe not kirby mains tho). Awesome that you saw someone and it really helped. Wish i could have helped more. Have FUN at FLAOC 12.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
glad to hear things are getting better for you, compadre... here's some verses that i hope will help you through this difficult time in your life:

"But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil." - Proverbs 1:33

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." - Psalms 34:4

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." - Isaiah 54:10.

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom