• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help a noob out please!

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I just started playing SSBM because all of my friends play and decided I may as well start. So anyways, I decided I want to try to use Dr. Mario as my main character. Well, after searching the forums and reading all the guides I realize that I have much to learn before I'm even remotely good...but on to my question.

In all the guides that I'm reading people are saying F-smash, B-air, N-air, etc. etc. Some of these I get as there pretty self explanatory while others I'm having a little bit more trouble deciphering. I tried to do a search to see if they listed all of these and couldn't find one with a quick search. Does anyone have a link to one?

Sorry if there is one up...I couldn't find it. If so, I apologize. Please don't flame a noob. :chuckle:

Thanks guys.

SoCalLove

Smash Cadet
Quick question, when they say:

* Bair - Back Air
* Dair - Down Air
* Fair - Forward Air
* Nair - Neutral Air
* Uair - Up Air

Are they talking about A moves? For example, Dair would be down + A while in the air? How do you know if they are talking about A, B, etc.

Maybe I'm just making this way to complicated... :mad:

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Yes they are talking about A moves.
The only B-Moves are Neutral B, Forward B, Down B, and Up B, the rest of the moves are A moves.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
Where are you located in SoCal? Maybe you can spar w/ my friends:)

If you just started, it should take you at least half a year to learn how to play somewhat competitively..but make it fun and be creative and you'll imrove even more! Just some words of wisdom:D

Top Bottom