• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help a Noob Marth vs Peach

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Please mute the videos if you do see them please.

I played some vs a local veteran, Kaffei's, Peach and Sheik with my Marth that I've started using a few days ago. I've been a Fox main for over a year but I really wanted to make this possible change. Any advice is appreciated.

Vs Peach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plvfiDl20Zg

Vs Sheik (Idk what happened to the video, but Ik it was my mistake. If it's too hard to watch then don't worry about critiquing this. Sorry.)
https://youtu.be/Deh-k4lv1Rc
https://youtu.be/6pqb1NLvdTs

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I noticed you use F-Smash in your Peach match alot... It is best not to do it everytime mostly because it is very laggy and can be easily punished. The only time when you should use it is when you are edge guarding or when the opponent you are chaingrabbing tries to DI.

You are good for a early Marth however. :)

Smashing Turnips

Smash Cadet
The first thing I noticed was that you're throwing out too many poorly placed aerials against the grounded Peach. Aerials are decent in this MU, but only if she takes to the air. Try to stay more grounded and poke at her with d-tilt. Stay close enough to punish any turnip pulls with either Dash Attack/d-tilt/grab.

A lot of your aerials are hitting mid-blade, which dosn't set up for anything in particular, so be careful if you're going to use them. Shield stopping is really good for placing your aerials, as you won't fly through the air with your jump. Watch PPU's Shield Stop video on Youtube to get a better grasp of the concept.

Try threatening with your movement instead of throwing out aerials against her. Getting grabs into set ups (down-throw/f-throw into f-smash mixups). At higher percent, you're only going to hit her away and do 13% and reset neutral.

I see a lot of the Fox player in you. With Marth, you move too quickly, wanting to get in and do a lot of damage. This isn't always a good approach, since Marth's moves are laggy and not necessarily safe on shield. Try staying more grounded and pressure the peach into the corner, force her to make a mistake and punish it with grabs.

I will say, however, you do have a decent understanding of stage control, and most of the fist game you made peach play in the corner until she tried attacking.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Keep using d-tilt. You used it a decent amount, but you seemed to forget about at times or not know how to follow it up. There was one moment when Sheik jumped over your d-tilt and you had time to dash dance grab her, but you just stayed in place and got hit. Up-throw more. You keep doing f-throw and trying to tech chase. But u-throw is just amazing because of Sheik's limited options getting back down.

Be judicious with your use of aerials in the neutral. Try to resist the urge to throw out a SH fair or nair unless you are confident that you can space it well on shield or avoid Sheik's counter attack. I saw a lot of aerials from you that got you into trouble. Try to think a few steps ahead when you go for an option, and that will help you to make fewer common blunders in neutral or in general.

Last edited:

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Your playing a fox Marth I think. Against peach you took to the platforms for safety away from turnips with no plan of action further then stop getting hit. You jumped into dash attacks and used areas on shield. The only punishes were f-smash. There were very few conversions off of grabs. There were also a few bad side b stalls when recovering. Sorry if all that came off as dickish. The biggest thing I feel that would help you with the peach match is dealing with turnip pressure and learning when to jump. First watch yourself in the video. Half the time u got punished was cuz of an unsafe area aapproach. Jumps are for combos/ anti air/ and platform control. While in mid match you opponent dictatrates when Martha jumps. Your job is to force that reaction where u jumping is the right counter to what ever option they pick. If u are gonna fair u should be waking those turnips out of the sky. Double fairs work wonders on peach. U can still fair when u recover. U floated into a lot of hits when u could have challenged it. Like when u got hit with the turnip. Platform approaches are legit and should be incorporated along with your aggressive play. Dair oos should be used more. Try not to over extend and tipper allyour areals on peach because that's what leads to punishes. Also u used jab a bit which I know is from your fox side but try grab it its place because u found the openings and used jab where a hard punish could have been. Watch you opponent closely and think hard about what you should do mid match and you'll see results.

Last edited:
Top Bottom