• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello

Ubar

Smash Rookie
So lately I've been playing melee and project m with a few friends for the past few months. Luigi is pretty much my main for both the games. He's my favorite, but sometimes i might play marth or falco.
i've decided to join smashboards because i wanna get more involved with the smash community. i also don't have much to do since i'm on summer vacation, about to go into my senior year of high school.
i have also been to one local tournament, and i would like to go to more if they are nearby.
what i like to do outside of smash is running, listening to music, and playing video games in general. My favorite bands would be streetlight manifesto and modest mouse.
i live in louisiana in the nola area.
yeah i hope to meet new people and play smash with more people other than my friends

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Haha thanks man. what do you listen to?
Shoot, I listen to a good bit from a variety of genres. From indie rock bands like The Veils to Hip-Hop artists like Nas to old jazz/easy listening like Frank Sinatra (whatever you want to label him as) to Neo-Soul artists like Sade.

Daft Punk
Grandma's Tea Party
Adventure Club
The Lovely Feathers
Lauryn Hill...

Lol I'm pretty all over the place right now, but I hope you get the picture that I enjoy several types of music and I'm always open to people suggesting new artists for me to listen to.

Ubar

Smash Rookie
i'm really digging Grandma's Tea Party and The Lovely Feathers. I suppose you can say that i'm like you in that i also like to listen to several types of music and open to people's suggestions of different and new bands and artists.

i can suggest Bedouin Soundclash to you and The Hush Sound.
Bedouin Soundclash is more of a reggae/soul type of band i guess you could say
The Hush Sound is sort of an indie rock, i guess, but i really like the woman's voice when she sings.

yeah, i'm not good with genres and whatnot, but i hope you enjoy these. and check out Streetlight if you haven't heard of them before :p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice to know we have some things in common. And thanks for the suggestions! I'll give them a listen when I get the chance and let you know what I think.

I listen to Streetlight. That's part of the reason for me giving you the thumbs up for your taste, haha.

Ubar

Smash Rookie
heh, alright man. glad to know you listen to them. they are the best in my opinion.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Hi :3 Welcome to smashboards, even though I'm new myself TEEHEE. I don't live in Louisiana but I hope things go well there :3

Ubar

Smash Rookie
hey, thanks dude. welcome to the smashboards yourself as well :p. i hope things go well up in canada for you too.

Top Bottom