• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello There.

Frank Fernandez

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name Frank Fernandez, I'm a teacher that happens to be organizing a fighting game tournament in the Miami area for May of 2015. I'd like to focus on the new Smash Bros. for the Wii U as one of the central games to build hype for the new game and my FG scene. I'm just an extraordinarily ordinary person with a burning desire to organize an amazing tournament. Fighting games take out my stress and bring me a degree of happiness. I usually play Tekken, and Third Strike. I've seen the enthusiasm my students show for this game and I feel it's time I become a part of it. But I still won't let go of my ColecoVision or old school NES.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey Frank, welcome to Smashboards! First off, you sound like an awesome teacher/person for one, playing Fighting games, and two, wanting to organize a tournament. Fighting games are indeed a stress reliever and it's nice to hear that you're interested in the Smash community.

Hope you stick around!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea! A lot of people seem like they want to learn a lot about smash 4. Its never too late to learn Melee too.

Marikunos

Smash Rookie
Hi Frank, nice to see you here! Welcome to the forums and have a great stay! ^^

Frank Fernandez

Smash Rookie
You guys are great. I'll enjoy getting clobbered in this game for the next year or so (Ironically, I'm a slow learner) and coming here for help. :chuckle:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
And Smashboards will be here to guide you :) Won't be getting clobbered for long.

Frank Fernandez

Smash Rookie
Yea! A lot of people seem like they want to learn a lot about smash 4. Its never too late to learn Melee too.
Will learning one help me with the other? I want to start fresh with the Wii U version. Being that that is the one that will be running in the tournament.

I won't be playing in my own tournament, but I'd like to know what's going on.

Last edited:

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
Hi, friend. I just joined yesterday, and I'm already in love with the community here. You sound like a really cool guy. Wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Will learning one help me with the other? I want to start fresh with the Wii U version. Being that that is the one that will be running in the tournament.

I won't be playing in my own tournament, but I'd like to know what's going on.
Brawl will helps a lot. I got at better in Melee from my time playing people here online in Brawl.

It helps fundamentally. It helps with reading your opponents.

Smash 4 will be around for a bit but I don't think Melee is quite done yet.

Frank Fernandez

Smash Rookie
Hi, friend. I just joined yesterday, and I'm already in love with the community here. You sound like a really cool guy. Wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school.
You sound really cool yourself. Most teachers become evil because they're afraid to lose control of a class. Don't hold it against them. It's not easy.

Top Bottom