• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello, there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Greetings fellow Kirbies...

I am IC3R...

My current level of play is rather average, due to the lack of local pros to teach me, so I decided to view the vids. Many rocked, and many sucked...but not in Kirby's special way.

It warms my heart, though, to watch Kirby own high-tier jerks...(Stupid C-Falcon, and his stupid Knee, Falco on several occasions.)

The reason I say I am average is because I don't know many decent human players...actually none. I am currently trying to develop a good style of play, which is difficult because of easy LV9 CPUs getting owned in three minutes or less, usually less.

God knows I want to be a Smash Master Kirby, and I could use some help along the way. Feel free to write out good tips, redundant or not (multiple pros doing the same thing is rather reassuring.)

I await your posts...

-IC3R, out...

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
cool man welcome to the boards. the only advice i can give you is to practice is to learn your advance techniques, lcancel, wavedash and or powerslide, and shorthop. those things are very useful for becoming smash master kirby.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, you gotta have a superior grasp of the fundamentals. "Mind games" make up most of Kirby's fighting prowess, but everyone's gotta have good tech skill. Just go to each neutral stage and practice anything and everything - and practicing on non-neutral stages is good too.

"Mind games" is just the generalized term for being able to read your opponent and make the proper decisions (often split-second decisions) in the middle of a fight. The best way of learning these is to play against a variety of opponents - especially those at or above your level of play. Watching videos of advanced players can also give you an idea of what to look out for, which means you don't want to limit yourself to only watching Kirby vids.

Being good with Kirby is a long, hard road, but full of challenges.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i agree with t!mmy. theres plenty to learn and it will take some time and patiance with very gratifying, often hilariously awesome results. but dont be afraid to ask questions either.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
theres this thing stickied at the top of of the kirby forum, the kirby competitive guide, by none other than t!mmy. READ IT! its the moar usefull than most of the videos you'll see because its ridiculously detailed. Way to go t!mmy.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I thought it was too wordy. I think it's due for an overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom