• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Smashers!

Silver Sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Absolutezero77
Hello anyone, I'm very new here. I've been aware of Smash Board's existence for a while, but I decided to finally sign up now. My hype for Smash 4 is through the roof, I'm very excited to try out the new games and fight really good players! Because my town is tiny and I'm the only one who cares, haha... Anyways, I'm Silver (Samuel) Nice to meet you. Let's go Marth!

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Welcome to the boards. Do you plan to main Marth in Smash 4 as well?

Silver Sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Absolutezero77
Thank you for the welcoming. Although Marth seems to have been seriously nerfed in the upcoming games, I still plan to main him. Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I love Marth and won't give up on him immediately. Again, thanks for commenting.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No problem. Marth has been one of my strongest secondaries for a long time and I'll still use him in Smash 4 as well. At least he apparently has some autocanceling ability on his F-air, so as long as he has that and a good grab, he'll be incredible, lol.

Silver Sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Absolutezero77
I hope you're right. Regardless of what characters are stronger than others, I'm incredibly excited for the new games. I figure most people here are too. I'm sure Marth's grab will still be great, like every other entry he's appeared in. And, forgive my abruptness, but who is your main character? Fox??

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, from 64 to Brawl. I really hate the way his timing was changed so much from Melee to PM, so I've been playing random characters for the most part in that version.

Oh, I almost forgot. Marth's F-Smash. Sakurai, please don't ruin it.

...please

Silver Sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Absolutezero77
LOL, yeah I see. Mine has always been Marth, I just like his reach. I'm pretty good at spacing and chain grabbing, so Marth and Captain Falcon have always appealed to me the most.
And I heard Fox was nerfed as well, which truly sucks. Fox is so cool.
Oh yeah, did you attend Smash Fest? Or perhaps you've played the demo version elsewhere? I went to my Fest... It was AWESOME.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, no, since I live way out in the sticks. Still, it's only a month or so until the 3DS release, so I won't have to wait long.

Even if everyone I play ends up being terrible (especially since I don't play/have interest in any Brawl or Smash 4 newcomers, who seem to be the strongest at this point) I'm still not concerned. I use low tiers in a lot of fighting games, and do well enough. But it will be hard going from godlike PM/Melee Fox and Marth to the castrated SSB4 versions.

Regardless, it's been nice discussing things. Long live Altea and long live the Lylat System!

Silver Sama

Smash Rookie
NNID
Absolutezero77
Out in the sticks, huh? Sounds like the truth.... I use high tiers generally, but... I don't use any flashy techniques like double shines or Sacred Combos or anything like that. As long as I can combo...

And yeah, it was nice discussing things. I followed you, you're my first ever comment here. Thanks again, and YES long live the old high tiers!

Top Bottom