• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Smash Boards!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Hello everyone! My name is Murlough and ive been playing since the release of melee. Although ive been playing smash for sometime ive only recently started playing "competitively."

Up until now my only opponents have been family members and lvl 9 CPUs. Im not particularly skilled at the game yet (literally just descovered the concept of mains lmfao) but im hoping to grow as a player from any advice i may obtain from you all :).

Glad to finally come here and happy Smashing everyone!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to Smashboards !

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Brawl
Project M
3DS
WiiU

Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters.
Smash 4
Project M
Brawl
Melee

Character guides can be found here.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Click here for the Forum Directory.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

Props: Made by @KMZ || WolfieXVII, @Trieste SP and @ Cyn Cyn

Gladdy07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gladdy07
3DS FC
3050-7717-2368
Welcome to Smashboards! if you're bored i'll be ready anytime to reply to your message.

addtext_com_MTg1OTA1MzQ3NTIz.jpg

Corginado

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corginado
Welcome to the smashboards Murlough! Best advice I'd say is to play with people also trying to play at a competitive level, and use Youtube to learn advanced techniques like Smash Theory: Zoning and Smash theory: The Neutral for good core fundementals!

Perfect Pivoting and 5 Tips n' Tricks For the Smash Newcomer are two nice guide on mechanics to add to your gameplay!

Best thing you can do for yourself is:
Find the right people to practice the right things with. And then condition yourself to play in the right environments.

Look up a near guide for playing Lucario competitively also, and befriend people who can dominate you since they have the most room to teach you! If you ever need any assistance at all let me know buddE.~

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Thanks everyone! And i appreciate it Corginado. I'll do my best to find good people to play with :).

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Lol :3 The boards are pretty neat. Do you play smash 4?
Yeah i try to play as often as i can. I'm not particularly skilled yet (just now looking for a solid main) but i'd be happy to play you sometime :).

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Well i'm decent with Yoshi and Lucario. I like Little Mac, Mario, Mega Man, Greninja, Cap. Falcon and Sonic too but im not as good with them.
Play who you enjoy. The skill comes from continuing to play them. Ive used Lucina since day 1 and it shows. I believe Lucario would be a good choice tbh. Hes an underplayed character tbh

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Play who you enjoy. The skill comes from continuing to play them. Ive used Lucina since day 1 and it shows. I believe Lucario would be a good choice tbh. Hes an underplayed character tbh
Yeah thats part of the reason i like him. His aura passive ability is always a fun gamechanger late in the match and its rare to find a player who knows how to handle a decent Lucario (at least in For Glory). It's fun to take opponents by surprise with him.

Edit: Also Lucina is an underrated character. It's cool to find a player who appreciates her playstyle more than the average person who claims she is just a less skilled version of Marth.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Yeah thats part of the reason i like him. His aura passive ability is always a fun gamechanger late in the match and its rare to find a player who knows how to handle a decent Lucario (at least in For Glory). It's fun to take opponents by surprise with him.
Yeah! Its really funny cause when you fight or play him you have to have a backwards thought process! Like you cant let him rack up damage or he comes back as a far faster mini anubis ganondorf. :3

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah! Its really funny cause when you fight or play him you have to have a backwards thought process! Like you cant let him rack up damage or he comes back as a far faster mini anubis ganondorf. :3
Lmao yeah it's also extremely satisfying to lose a stock early and then make an awesome comeback on your opponent. I remember on one occasion i was playing a DK with way more skill than me and he had me over 100% holding me against the ledge of FD and last second i rolled behind him and got a close range force palm on DK for the final stock. Highlight of my Smash Career XD.

Also it's cool to meet a Lucina player. Alot of people just label her a worse Marth (like Roy in Melee) and never give her a chance.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Lmao yeah it's also extremely satisfying to lose a stock early and then make an awesome comeback on your opponent. I remember on one occasion i was playing a DK with way more skill than me and he had me over 100% holding me against the ledge of FD and last second i rolled behind him and got a close range force palm on DK for the final stock. Highlight of my Smash Career XD.

Also it's cool to meet a Lucina player. Alot of people just label her a worse Marth (like Roy in Melee) and never give her a chance.
Thank you! While from a technical stand point Marth can kill easier, I hate him as a character but I love Lucina. I get lots and I mean LOTS of criticism. Being a Lucina main can be hard because everyone bags on her more than any other character. Shes a good character but takes practice. I can space with her pretty well and shes adorable to boot.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Thank you! While from a technical stand point Marth can kill easier, I hate him as a character but I love Lucina. I get lots and I mean LOTS of criticism. Being a Lucina main can be hard because everyone bags on her more than any other character. Shes a good character but takes practice. I can space with her pretty well and shes adorable to boot.
I've never played Fire Emblem so i don't know much about the characters but i will say Lucina is a welcome female addition unlike Zero Suit Samus.... :/. And im sure you do get alot of hate for using her. I hear its a pain to be a Doc main too cause he is "worse".

Top Bottom