• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Pikachu mains~

Angiance

Smash Lord
My name is Alice Rose (formally Bell).

A long while back I got banned from the Pikachu group for being toxic and completely destructive to the environment.

I haven't really been able to discuss anything with other Pikachu because there is seemingly no other group, so I'd like to be apart of the group once more (if it isn't deceased) as I would really like to develop with other Pikachu.

I have some issues but I've gotten a lot better, and I can just do something else if needed.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
Hiii, Angiance.

Playing Pikachu is such a struggle, sometimes. People always say that Pika's neutral is freaking amazing, so I cry a little on the inside whenever I get boxed out by a swordie or I can't convert a QA[2] into a combo. OR WHEN I GET THWOMPED BY MARIO. Or when I pineapple. Sometimes, it's hard for me to resist the urge to just play Bayonetta, the other hit-and-run character with the hilariously lopsided payoffs.

Last edited:

Angiance

Smash Lord
Hiii, Angiance.

Playing Pikachu is such a struggle, sometimes. People always say that Pika's neutral is freaking amazing, so I cry a little on the inside whenever I get boxed out by a swordie or I can't convert a QA[2] into a combo. OR WHEN I GET THWOMPED BY MARIO. Or when I pineapple. Sometimes, it's hard for me to resist the urge to just play Bayonetta, the other hit-and-run character with the hilariously lopsided payoffs.
Yes, I know your struggle. I have thoroughly studied Pikachu's neutral every day, but I severely lack experience since I never have the courage to play against people online. ' ^ '

NeonNova

Smash Rookie
Yea there's nothing more annoying than getting your thunder jolt to grab combo ruined by a swordie jab cancelling it. For most sword weilders I honestly play closer to the edge and utilize Pika's off the stage abilities to take the sword weilder out of its comfort zone. Most sword weilders have very predictable recoveries so it is easy for Pikachu to apply pressure and get low % KO's on these type of characters.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Yea there's nothing more annoying than getting your thunder jolt to grab combo ruined by a swordie jab cancelling it. For most sword weilders I honestly play closer to the edge and utilize Pika's off the stage abilities to take the sword weilder out of its comfort zone. Most sword weilders have very predictable recoveries so it is easy for Pikachu to apply pressure and get low % KO's on these type of characters.
Yeah that sounds about right. I've been knocked around be sword characters so many times as Pika, it's something I'm trying to improve on. It can be hard to land hits on them. Even with Quick Attack. But offstage however is Pika's game, it's where we have our best options available.

Top Bottom