• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Ness boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

_clinton

Smash Master
So, I remembered my account info and was finally able to log back into this account again from so long ago (now if only I could do the same at AiB/Nintendo whatever it is called now).

How are the boards doing? I went to my 1st actual in person serious tourney yesterday. Got 4th place out of 36 people. I was close to getting 3rd but I got finally got beat by a Diddy in the end (I was knocked into losers early sadly very early, so I had to work my way up in that from pretty much the start)

I wish I could say that I played well, but both of my loses were from me pretty much SD'ding in stupid ways a few times, at least both of the matches were close though (both were 2:1, so it isn't like I just rolled over, unlike some other fights I've been in for online tourneys).

In the end, I was really wishing nair could at least trade with Diddy's uair, but I learned pretty hard that it doesn't, at least I DI'd his evil combos correctly several times at least, granted not nearly enough because man I learned hard that Diddy can slam you from 0 -> 50+ fast.

Noa.

Smash Master
This post is more suitable for the social thread. I suggest you repost it there. :V

And congrats on doing well.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Clint! Nice to see you back bro. Things have been pretty chill here at the Ness boards. A few of old familiar faces are here, as well as a bunch of Lucas converts (poor guys, but it's nice to have their company). A few people have been MIA from the brawl days though.

And congrats on your placement. That's actually pretty freakin good for a first time at a live event. I know how it feels to SD in tournament and have your placement stunted as a result though. Just try to stay relaxed, I feel like I SD mostly when I'm nervous. And as for Diddy, you've gotta respect that uair sadly. Diddy and Donkey Kong's uairs are the only uairs that I think are arguably better than Ness' :p

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Since this is better for the social I'm going to lock it and then merge it in a few days there. Welcome back! Feel free to chat more with us in the social thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom