• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello. My name is Zeppy

Zepy

Smash Rookie
Hello! My name is Zeppy or Nick I am decently new to the smash community and thought I should introduce my self properly.

I started playing smash back in 2008-2009 when brawl first came out. One morning my Aunt came over to my house with a box. Inside the box was a brand new Wii Remote as well as a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl. I asked "Why did you bring this over" she replied with "We don't really enjoy the Smash Brothers games so I want you to have it with this controller." So after we socialized for a bit she left from our house and too the living room I went (where the wii was at the time.) I popped in the Brawl disc and starting learning controls, I played Mario because at the time he was my favourite Nintendo character. I started playing against computers but on level 1s because I was so bad rofl. I eventually after playing for awhile decided to go to the online mode (yes, wii had online back then) and try it out. I got beat by almost everyone and got pretty mad and stopped playing.

I continued gaming however. I found a new love in Mario Kart Wii at the time trying to learn shortcuts and beat time trials as fast as possible. I also was actually able to beat people online in that game so it was pretty fun for me.

I eventually stopped playing Mario Kart and moved on to other games such as Halo, Call of Duty, Minecraft, Osu!, Counter Strike, etc.

Since then however, around 7 months ago I watched the Super Smash Bros Documentary (referred to me by a minecraft friend) and really enjoyed how much fun it looked. I searched high and low for a copy of Melee in my city but could not find one anywhere. I left my name and number at the local pawn shop so they would give me a call if one came in. No copy came in for months. So i decided to do my own thing. I saw my old Brawl disc sitting there on a shelf and said. "What if that was melee?" I look through videos and such until I come across "Project M" seeing the preview for the new version I almost instantly head over the their website but to my surprise. The website stated that the development of Project M was being stopped. There also sadly was no download link on the website. I searched for a download of this "Project M" until I found one online. I looked up how to install it and noticed it was pretty easy. I load it up and BAM! Im surprised by how much different it is. I tell my friends about it and that they have to try it out. So I decided to host a Project M tournament in the soon to come august. The day came fast and the tournament started I was all ready to beat my friends with my Ice Climbers main and all set to take home it all. (funny thing was I was in my own home sooo) I however didn't end up winning the tournament and instead got 3rd only losing to a guy that was just a little out of town and my own cousin. With some disappointment I pushed harder to become better at this "new" game I loved so much. Christmas came and went, then new years, then my birthday. After my birthday I decided once again to host another tournament in my house. The tournament started and I also started to sweep through the bracket. Only having one game lose the whole tournament and never going into losers. I one the tournament easily and was very excited. I was now ready for what ever is to become soon...

And that tournament was hosted in January 2016. Which leads us to present day. I am currently planing my 3rd installment into this tournament series to be hosted in August at a friends house. Until then, I suppose...

Thanks for Reading,
Zeppy

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Welcome to

Click here to find out if there's a scene in your area.

Check out Premium for added features and fun.

:starman:Click here for the Freemium Raffle.:starman:

Click here for the Forum Directory.

For online matches try one of the following links:
Check out the respective character boards for helpful tips.
Character guides can be found here.

Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

Keep up to date with the latest news here.
Light House is for general gaming discussions.
Check out the Pool Room to talk about Smash, life, sports, or whatever is on your mind.
Click here to socialize and have fun.

Check out the new Smash Connect forums for user based services including artwork and customization services.

If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff members. If you have site related questions, you can post them in this thread.

Props: Made by @WolfieXVII @Trieste SP @ Cyn Cyn and @Hong

:starman: Name changes :starman: Bigger avatar and signature :starman:
:starman: Post backgrounds
:starman:
:starman: Enjoy Premium-exclusive forum and giveaways :starman:
:starman: Support the Smash community and sign up today! :starman:

Top Bottom