• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello! Lurker from Wisconsin/Chicago area here

Dervo

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, a little bit about myself:

I am in a fraternity, and playing with the brothers whom vary between casual and tournament skill level has really given me an appreciation the skill it takes to win at this game. I am very interested in getting into the tournament scene, although I haven't entered one yet.

Smash 64: Played a bit, mostly when my fraternity's gamecube broke. Definitely prefer melee.

Melee: Played while I was a kid, started again in college. Became more and more competitive, switched to sheik, improved drastically. I don't play it much anymore, mostly playing PM.

Brawl: Played as a somewhat older kid, never really got into it. Played it like twice as a break from Project M, quickly switched back to Project M.

Project M: Discovered this mod a few months ago, has been a huge part of my improvement as a smasher. In Melee the only character I felt particularly comfortable with was Sheik, but with PM I main Zelda, Ike, and through Melee Sheik, and can play at a solid level (in my eyes) with Zard, Squirtle, Pit, and a few others. Now when I go back to melee or play a random Sheik match, I found my Sheik improved significantly thanks to playing some other characters (except my edge sweetspotting, thanks to Zelda).

I don't know anyone on smashboards yet, but look forward to being part of this community.

I also want to start attending tournaments in the Wisconsin/Chicago mayybe Michigan area. I live in Madison, Wisconsin. Hopefully my gamecube -> usb adapter will arrive soon so I can start playing netplay PM.

A few of my favorite games are: Dark Souls I/II, Witcher 1/2, Mass Effect 1/2/3, Fire Emblem, and definitely Dwarf Fortress.

Posted that a bit early, tab enter didn't do what I thought it did :D

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Salutations, Dervo.

Nice to hear that PM has really been working out for you. :)

Since you're looking to become more involved with your local community, I recommend joining the Wisconsin Smash FB Social group.

And a question I have for you: What's your favorite Fire Emblem title?

Enjoy the forums!

Dervo

Smash Rookie
Hello,

Thanks, I actually joined (and subsequently lurked) in that group a few months ago, finally posted in it now haha.

FE10 was the first I played, I think later went back and played FE9, which became my favorite. I then imported and replayed FE10, and it reclaimed its status as my favorite haha.

I'm also a bit more of a Triforce of Wisdom type, I've never really been able to get Ganon's combos right.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ah, Path of Radiance is mine.

And aw, I see. Well, I guess I can try to find happiness in that you at least use a Zelda character. Too bad you can't find the Triforce of Power fitting though :ohwell:

Top Bottom