• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello I'm new here

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Hahahaha Jk! It's me, AthensHorseParty!

I was pretty sure I was banned but it appears I'm not. I know most of you think I suck or hate me or think I'm weird and lame or think I'm awkward and a loser. Which is true. But in case anyone cares, I wanted to say thanks to whatever kind of "community" this is or some ****. I know from all the time I spend ****ing with Cane and Fireblaster it wouldn't seem like it but somehow knowing other people that like this dumb children's game as much as me has given me stuff to do during the day other than destroy my life. I've also gotten signifcantly better, especially since I moved somewhere I can run an ethernet cable to my room and play online every day, and for some reason that gives me an unfounded sense of confidence.

I haven't really shared this with anybody here, but some of you have probably guessed I have had a history of problems with depression, anxiety, drug abuse, self harm, etc. I try to mask it behind a hilarious self-deprecating sense of humor but every once and a while it gets bad enough that I will probably actually end up dead somewhere if nothing is done about it. You may have heard that I was planning on going to Hit Stun and buying my plane tickets this week. Well as it turns out, even though I have a check from my last job that I would've used to pay for it, I'm being largely supported by my parents (and student loans) and decided to come clean about the fact that I've been binge drinking for pretty much the last three weeks straight and not really functioning normally at all.

I'm on my way to a psychiatric facility that caters to depression and substance abuse pretty soon, so I won't be going to Hit Stun after all, go figure. But I still may be able to catch it on stream and will be cheering for all my GA smashers, even Cane (if Henior, NTA and Kirbstomper all get eliminated first somehow). Seriously though for what it's worth, I know nobody really cares but I'm glad you all exist. Even Fireblaster. thanks

-AHP

B Link

Smash Lord
Uh yeah, I care for a fellow human being who's in pain. I recently went through some depression and anxiety. It sounds like weakness but it's a damn tough world for some people. I kept trying to drown myself in the bathtub, hang myself in my room, and stab myself with a kitchen knife lol. Anyway, you can message me if you want to know what I did to get (quite a bit) better. Good luck.

Also, Ive enjoyed watching your SSB matches.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Hahahaha Jk! It's me, AthensHorseParty!

I was pretty sure I was banned but it appears I'm not. I know most of you think I suck or hate me or think I'm weird and lame or think I'm awkward and a loser. Which is true. But in case anyone cares, I wanted to say thanks to whatever kind of "community" this is or some ****. I know from all the time I spend ****ing with Cane and Fireblaster it wouldn't seem like it but somehow knowing other people that like this dumb children's game as much as me has given me stuff to do during the day other than destroy my life. I've also gotten signifcantly better, especially since I moved somewhere I can run an ethernet cable to my room and play online every day, and for some reason that gives me an unfounded sense of confidence.

I haven't really shared this with anybody here, but some of you have probably guessed I have had a history of problems with depression, anxiety, drug abuse, self harm, etc. I try to mask it behind a hilarious self-deprecating sense of humor but every once and a while it gets bad enough that I will probably actually end up dead somewhere if nothing is done about it. You may have heard that I was planning on going to Hit Stun and buying my plane tickets this week. Well as it turns out, even though I have a check from my last job that I would've used to pay for it, I'm being largely supported by my parents (and student loans) and decided to come clean about the fact that I've been binge drinking for pretty much the last three weeks straight and not really functioning normally at all.

I'm on my way to a psychiatric facility that caters to depression and substance abuse pretty soon, so I won't be going to Hit Stun after all, go figure. But I still may be able to catch it on stream and will be cheering for all my GA smashers, even Cane (if Henior, NTA and Kirbstomper all get eliminated first somehow). Seriously though for what it's worth, I know nobody really cares but I'm glad you all exist. Even Fireblaster. thanks

-AHP
i'm glad you are getting the help you need man. That's way more important than a smash tournament. Goodluck, i'm rooting for you to get better

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
Hope you get better soon Wyatt, your health is more important than hitstun. We will miss you out there, I'll make sure to play Kirby in your honor

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
There are few reasons I'd want you to miss Hitstun, but this is one of them. Best wishes. I respect the strength it takes to admit your faults and do something about them.

enneielle

Smash Rookie
Man we've played a few times online and I always have a good time. I'm sorry to hear that your going through this but I'm glad your finding the help that you need. Stay safe and stay healthy, message me if you ever need someone to talk to, on here or kaillera.

Annex

Smash Ace
Here are some things that helped me (but I am not an expert, so maybe don't, IDK):
- force yourself to feel happy for a certain length of time. Try an hour. At the end of it, go somewhere alone and cry heavily, and loudly. Loud enough so people notice. This is practice reaching out (which is the goal)
- drink only water and stop eating **** food
- go for a walk with someone and talk about ****. It can be all about you, or them if you want
- do not sleep past noon. That will make anyone feel like a piece of ****
- flex your creativity. One easy way is to pick a topic you care about, and then something unrelated and think "what can I learn about that from this?"
- just pick one of these and try it out a bit. All at once is a lot, and you can move slow

TY AND PLEASE IMPROVE YOUR LIFE

Top Bottom