• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello I am new

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687
Hello there people. I am new to this board as you can see since I am posting here. I've recently learned about this site today, and I've been really interested in it. Reading some character forums for Sm4sh, and what people think of some of the new movesets. It's all really an interesting read really! I've been pretty good at smash brothers because I've been playing since I was a kid. There are some disadvantages to that because I totally forget to use the magic called the c-stick whenever I play because I am so use to doing the A + Direction smashes all the time. So I'm just trying to get better at the game, and trying to learn new techniques I can use against people! Also I am the president of a club in my school called Smash Club where we play smash bros every monday afterschool. Sorry if this is super lengthy. Also I make gifs and stuff sometimes whenever I am get hype from smash trailers or games. I usually make gifs of the trailers. Here's a few, they're just ok idk. I am still not that experienced.

Anyway that's well enough about me anyway! I am just glad I can be here!

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Good on you to find us McStylo. Now that you're here, you'll come to embrace this place as your new home (you have no choice :troll:).

Nice job on the gifs though! The one on the top left is a painful reminder of how terrible Robin's roll looks :(

How big in size is that Smash club of yours? It's nice that you have one though. We're actually working on getting an established Smash organization at my university. There's about like 30+ of us that are known to play actively, but we're looking to become official so we can expand and have official times and a venue to meet up at. We probably have the best crew in our state actually.

But again, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you stick around :)

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687
Good on you to find us McStylo. Now that you're here, you'll come to embrace this place as your new home (you have no choice :troll:).

Nice job on the gifs though! The one on the top left is a painful reminder of how terrible Robin's roll looks :(

How big in size is that Smash club of yours? It's nice that you have one though. We're actually working on getting an established Smash organization at my university. There's about like 30+ of us that are known to play actively, but we're looking to become official so we can expand and have official times and a venue to meet up at. We probably have the best crew in our state actually.

But again, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you stick around :)
Thank you so much for your welcome! It really means a lot! I am sure I am going to be pretty active on this site.
Also thank you for compliment on my gifs! :b:

Sorry I forgot to mention I am still in High school so it maybe completely different the way you set up clubs in universities. The amount of people we get are not that much (8-15 weekly after a couple weeks of school, and first days of school 25+). I am not sure about college and all that stuff, but my advice is just try to plan it with those people and the school. Sorry about that, but I just talked to my school clubs person. You should try to get a big room as well with a projector. We had the auditorium for a week before someone had to break the equipment :facepalm:. We found another room to be in, but that room was the best because the screen was so big! I kind of figured out that having a room would be better because in an auditorium you can't really get any extra tv's so it'd just be one game going on. It'd just be hard for the people to wait (especially since you have 30+ people). So I'd try to speak to the people and organize with the school to get a pretty big room that has a lot of plugs in it. So you can play more than one game, and everyone is really satisfied. I'd try to get stuff coordinated as well. As in people should bring in mostly their own stuff. Since they'll be more than one console, maybe like 2-5 wii's or gamecubes. Depends how many plugs in the room and the tv's really. Also you should try to find a time for everyone. Maybe Monday afternoon, or maybe Wednesday mid-day? I've never had to organize college/university with clubs yet so I am not sure how you handle getting rooms or times. I am sorry, but maybe you can figure something out with the venues? A school room would be easier (I don't even know if that's an option at all, but I hope it is). It's cool how you're the best crew, that's really awesome!

I just wish you the best of luck on getting to your goal!:)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thank you so much for your welcome! It really means a lot! I am sure I am going to be pretty active on this site.
Also thank you for compliment on my gifs! :b:

Sorry I forgot to mention I am still in High school so it maybe completely different the way you set up clubs in universities. The amount of people we get are not that much (8-15 weekly after a couple weeks of school, and first days of school 25+). I am not sure about college and all that stuff, but my advice is just try to plan it with those people and the school. Sorry about that, but I just talked to my school clubs person. You should try to get a big room as well with a projector. We had the auditorium for a week before someone had to break the equipment :facepalm:. We found another room to be in, but that room was the best because the screen was so big! I kind of figured out that having a room would be better because in an auditorium you can't really get any extra tv's so it'd just be one game going on. It'd just be hard for the people to wait (especially since you have 30+ people). So I'd try to speak to the people and organize with the school to get a pretty big room that has a lot of plugs in it. So you can play more than one game, and everyone is really satisfied. I'd try to get stuff coordinated as well. As in people should bring in mostly their own stuff. Since they'll be more than one console, maybe like 2-5 wii's or gamecubes. Depends how many plugs in the room and the tv's really. Also you should try to find a time for everyone. Maybe Monday afternoon, or maybe Wednesday mid-day? I've never had to organize college/university with clubs yet so I am not sure how you handle getting rooms or times. I am sorry, but maybe you can figure something out with the venues? A school room would be easier (I don't even know if that's an option at all, but I hope it is). It's cool how you're the best crew, that's really awesome!

I just wish you the best of luck on getting to your goal!:)
I probably should've mentioned that we're actually already on the verge of getting things finalized. We're just waiting to hear back from one of the staff members that's sponsoring us. All things will probably be good to go somewhere between late August - October.

We'll probably be doing some streaming as well. Should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for your words though!

Top Bottom