• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello fellow Smashers! I love Smash, why do you like it?

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow smashers, I know I probably should have created this a week ago but better late than never? For my birthday, I shall post this!

How I first found this:
I played Super Smash Bros (All three series) for fun, and I wanted to get better at the game as I started to get into fighting games like Street Fighter. Online mode for Brawl was decent but not the best and now that it has shut down, there is no way for me to learn off players (which was already hard). I figured out about how competitive games really are recently, and I started to figure this out when I played Pokemon X/Y.

Why I love Super Smash Brothers:
Smash is a series that created it's own sub-genre of a fighting game (I don't know what to describe it as, so I won't expand on this). I love crossovers, you take two universes or games and you combine them together. You see the interactions of the characters and it just sparks a feeling of happiness! In Smash, the characters don't really talk but the trailers and bashing others with the characters I love are a good feeling. Also the Subspace Emissary made me cry because of the cinematic cutscenes.
Smash is a game that me and my greatest friend always play, and even though we have argued once or twice, we can put that aside and duke it out in a Smash Brothers match. Even today I don't get to talk with him a lot, we are both busy people and when ever I get the chance too play with him, Super Smash Brothers is the game that puts a smile on our faces.

Competitive Player?:
I just started touching Super Smash Bros Brawl again in February, and I've been practicing quite a lot. The Project M mod (Is it a mod or hack? Someone clarify me on this one!!) has shown how much the community is dedicated and that is the reason why I started playing it again. I just learned the terms and I can pretty much hold out my own fight. I've just watched some livestreams and the players that play give my eyes seizures due to how fast things are.

Other Games (Competitive)?:
-I bought Street Fighter x Tekken five months ago after I heard Megaman and Pac-man were in it. The pellet eater was pretty cool but that Megaman just hurt my eyes. I am terrible at it and I'm trying to improve.
-I also got Street Fighter 4 AE, since my computer can handle it and I can actually pull off some combos and win!
As you can tell, I like Capcom fighting games.

Other Activities I do:
- I love livestreaming, I recently just started and had a great start (I even got a 3DS Capture Card!) Too bad there isn't many games to play competitively at the moment, so I'm on a break.
- I draw.
- I read the funny conversations on this website.

Now why do you love Smash Brothers?

Top Bottom