• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Falcon players

EPIC-FAIL

Smash Apprentice
In the back of a Little Ceasers, Making dough
To let everyone know, I will be running Captain Falcon at the next SBHM (Smash Bros. Hawaii Monthly) It is a tournament held once a month to all brawl players on Oahu(Its not a big tournament but at lease the top Hawaii players go to it.)

I will be Hawaii's ONLY REGISTERED TOURNAMENT FALCON MAIN. For now, I have said "Screw Kirby and Lucario. I wanna be different."

The reason being too many players know my style of fighting and have adapted (and seeing as there are no tournament Falcons...I'm almost sure they wont know what to do when I fight them.

But I have some problems when I use Falcon. So I am asking for your help. Please lend me your knowledge.

Problem #1 I keep trying to aerial side b spike (not to accurate with it and it gets me killed, but I am getting a lot better) I do this because I'm looking for an early kill but ends up the other way. Is there a way to set up the side b spike?

Problem #2 I dont know what to use as punishment. (for when they trip or wiff)

Problem #3 I end up wasting the knee's kill power by using it to rack damage...Whats a reliable kill move other then the knee?

The next tournament is 3 weeks away. Rebaz. Dude, you are frigging awesome. Sorry had to say that. I studied your vids and found the short hop n air to jab cancel to grab awesome but I cant get the timing. Thats really the only thing I'm working on right now.

If anyone can tell me some tips or tricks, it would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Solution 1:don't use rapotor boost to recover. If you keep doing it it becomes predictable, hence why your Lucario aqnd Kirby are easily read -_- try and use Up B 90 % of the time, use side B when they least expect it

Solution 2: Learn to Fsmash out of a foxtrot or hyphen Usmash

Solution 3:Bair Utilt and Fsmash are the only kill moves I honestly use.......this is comming from a heavily experienced tournament Falcon main

all in all though Falcon is really hard to understand, it takes a lot of time to master him completetly

Wogrim

Smash Lord
#1 is a spacing thing you don't really have control of (although DIing away from the stage can help set this up). If your opponent sets themself up to get Raptor Boosted, great, otherwise no.

#2 hyphen USmash is usually the best

#3 Knee is for gimping and for punishing. Use FSmash, DSmash, UTilt, BAir, UAir

Best stage most ppl will tell you Norfair or Yoshi's Island. Rainbow Cruise also works out pretty well.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
your best grounded moves (imo) are your jab and utilt. utilt has great range and priority as well as speed and your jab can block most in-game projectiles (that arent charged) if you cant nair cancel jab grab, jab grab will be your best option. your best aerial move would have to be uair because of the amount of range. ehh im not good at giving tips, but just notice these tips are opinionated.

Roager

Smash Ace
I only use side B spike as an anti edgeguard, when they dont see it coming, or are too late to get above me.

Punishers are knee, and jab>grab

Killers are bair and Dsmash

Stages are Norfair. Battlefield, maybe, yoshi's island, maybe

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
3. The knee of justice's kill power doesn't decrease as you use it outside of the normal "move decay". As long as you land a killing knee (which you will get better at, trust me) you don't really need to worry about decay.

Top Bottom