• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Everyone!

MrCondor

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is MrCondor. I live in the South Florida area and I play mostly Project M since I dont own a copy of melee although I would love to play it.
I main Marth and Pit but I've been trying to use other characters as well such as Falco and Sheik.
Since about January when my friends introduced me to Project M, I've been playing frequently with some of my friends from my area who have also been looking to become more involved in the smash community. I frequently lurk on the forums and watch alot of the live streams, tutorials, and some tournament footage to try to learn more about competitive play, advanced techniques, and technical skill.
At the moment I have not attended any tournaments but my friends and I are looking to try to enter our first soon!
Outside of smash I like to play guitar, tennis and xbox as well.
I hope to learn alot from joining the smash community!

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
How's it going MrCondor, nice to see you trying out Pit, he is quite the interesting character if you can figure him out. I personally main Ganondorf in PM, but there are so many viable characters. What kind of advanced techniques do you know and/or practice with?

Last edited:

MrCondor

Smash Rookie
How's it going MrCondor, nice to see you trying out Pit, he is quite the interesting character if you can figure him out. I personally main Ganondorf in PM, but there are so many viable characters. What kind of advanced techniques do you know and/or practice with?
Hi BladeOFLucas!
That I know: Wavedashing, short hopping, l cancel, dash dashing, teching, wave landing, grabbing out of shelid, crouch canceling
That I actively use in game: wavedashing, grabbing out of sheild, shorthopping, and teching although i have started to try to use more l canceling (especially on those marth neutrals and falco dairs)
Pit was my original main when I first started playing, I use his guided arrows usually as a way to add some damage on edge gaurds. I always feel like I dont play him to his potential however, in comparison to watching the other pit players in the community.
Thanks for replying and advice is welcome!

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
L-cancelling is definitely crucial, I would put a LOT of emphasis on those. After you have that mastered I would go for wavelanding, wavedash, and dash-dancing. Those are really important for mobility and adaptability in a match, so all of these are the key foundation for a good metagame. Then you can put time into the more nitty-gritty work for your characters

MrCondor

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I'll definetly but that in to my training time! I hope to see you around on the forums!

Top Bottom