• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello :D

Onett_zidi

Smash Rookie
I am a chilean smasher who recently decided that pikachu will be his main in 3ds/Wii U.
Any tips on what should I learn with him? I have been testing QA ledge cancels and other things but I still have some troubles getting the KOs.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Usmash is good. Gimping offstage is really easy and offstage fairs are good too. Thunderspiking is still possible but requires a decent bit of jump to get to it. Sweetspotting the fmash still works but the other hitboxes aren't so effective. Sweetspotted dash isn't too bad either. Pikachu had a lot more kill moves in Brawl but he still has a few great options in this game.

Onett_zidi

Smash Rookie
In which % does the dash attack start to kill?

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Just tested it its at 180% on Ness...do with that what u will.

QA->Up smash seems like it works too frequently...not sure If im just fighting bad people

Last edited:

DavidAgile

Smash Rookie
NNID
bboyagile
What I do a lot is I'll actually Quick Attack PAST people, not too far out but enough for people to think they have an opening and they eat an fsmash. It works a looot.

Also, spot dodge to down smash is a good "get out of my face" option.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
jump canceled Upsmashes OOS is pretty insane. Nairs kill at high % as does Dash attack Upair kills at super super high % as does upthrow Fair Dair and Bair all kill near the sides at high %s. usually when people are at kill% they shield and dodge a lot Punish with SH dairs and grabs when off stage go for gimps aggressive ledge pressure is really strong use everything ledge trumping watch for jumps and hit them after they waste it foot stool etc. Killing with pika is hard if your just trying to land a kill move straight out of neutral turn the match to advantage then get the kill it takes a bit more work but its generally not as risky.

Top Bottom