• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello! Critique thread coming soon

Temkin

BUSTER
New D3 main just wanted to check in seeing how kind of dead this character seems on here.
I am gonna be playing him more and hopefully more matches on stream and would like to ask people for their opinions on my play.
Hopefully will get some videos this weekend.

Look forward to all you're opinions. Thanks guys!

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Well at the very least I'll give you some advice, I'm like the only roamer left.

Temkin

BUSTER
Thanks guys. I'll be posting some videos pretty soon. All help is welcomed. And any advice against link? This guy I play against will spam the hell with his projectiles.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
You're gonna wanna have as many waddles out as you can get. They may not hit like Links projectiles, but they at least suffice as walls to block his projectiles. They also help you when you want to cover space when he is drawin out another projectile by waddle dashing. Best way to do it, have em out already, then punish him when he is becoming predictable with his pattern of spamming. Also, you can go really far off of throwing him off stage, then reading his recovery. If he likes to tether a lot, grab the ledge and wait. If he like to bomb recover into Up-b, charge an F-smash over the ledge after he blows himself up, if he just straight up Up-b's, space another charged F-smash over the ledge. Your hammer will spike if the face hits him under the ledge.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Best stage for Dedede in general is Dreamland, I think for Link there would be no exeption. I think Dedede does fine on every stage in the current stage list atm, though WW can be cumbersome in some MU's.

Chef BoyarDedede

Smash Rookie
DDD's stage banning and picking i feel is more dependant on the matchup. Yes, dream land accents all of his strengths, but can be used better by characters like falcon who can camp with projectiles, or wait you out with really good movement. I'd say the stage is pretty even in that matchup, because you can gimp, and it takes a while for you to die, but link can camp and zone you very hard on stage. So if you're bad at dealing with projectile users then that is a bad pick. Something smaller like Greenhill gives link no space to set up his projectile game, and pretty much no matter where you grab him you can set up for a gimp because the stage is so small. Since Link's recovery is pretty punishable by Dedede, that is a pretty good stage pick.

I would say as a general rule of thumb, if they are fast and/or have projectiles a small stage is best. otherwise usually a bigger stage is best. Also, the WW platform layout can be really problematic, since it interrupts combos, and tends to help the other player giving them more options against us.

Temkin

BUSTER
Thanks for the stage help guys!
Got some videos from twitch that I'd like you guys to look at. What I should be doing more, less, etc.

I start playing DDD at [ http://www.twitch.tv/nino299/v/39754352?t=02h07m42s ] and it ends around 2:18:13
Doesn't last that long but it's something lol.

Match is Quada [AAAA] vs TheOnlyKulprit [Fear]

RIP guess the guy who put up the video either took it down or got it taken down :(

Last edited:

Chef BoyarDedede

Smash Rookie
I would say try utilizing your Waddles more. Once you have them out you should try and make the most of them because you don't have to pull them out (just waddle dash z toss or A throw) which saves time and makes them very practical and useful. an example is at 2:10:07 you could have waddle dashed towards him with an up angled throw and maybe an usmash dsmash or utilt, rather than just getting hit by that back air. In that time you could have evaded his attack, covered options with the waddle and started a combo/ getting in a hard hit if you used the waddle. This happens a couple times in your clip where I could imagine throwing out a waddle to get a setup going, or using one that is already out would be really good. Another thing is sometimes you seem to get chewed up for unsafe options, so maybe try spacing and zoning a bit harder? That was a nice clip though, you were doing some really solid things. Keep it up, I hope this helps

Top Bottom