• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello and fixin to throughly train on Melee and PM with others

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Hello fellow smashers from around the world. I'am somewhat new but haven't posted anything yet so.. yeah that counts. I have been practicing on Melee and PM now for like 1 year. Before that year... I was usually playing Brawl with custom hacks to have fun but, someone from another website recommended me Project M... I instantly got hooked. Right after that I watched the smash bros. documentary and that inspired me to the competitive scene. Oh snap... I forgot to introduce myself. I am a very social person and get along with most people. My passion in life is videogames and will always be playing till I die *cough* *cough* Fire Emblem... I do consider myself an "expert", but not yet tourney material. I have defeated everybody I met on Melee and PM, but Iam sure that will change. Well... that is it! I hope I can somehow meet people I can train with around my area and get better while making new friends and rivals. TOP SMASHERS HERE I COME and I appreciate everybody that read this. Thank you Smashboards for being awesome and Fire Emblem as well as I am awaiting SMT X Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Well, I am going to add a story that happened to me somewhat recently here so yall can enjoy. It was 2 weeks before school was over for my sophomore year and everything was normal. Teachers being boring, homeboys talking about what they "fixin" to do over the summer, and overall everything being normal. Alright... classes are reffered to as "periods" okay? Anyway, in my 4th period, ( where it is only one hour long and after that you go to a 30 minute lunch ), I walk into my 4th period class, sit down on 1 of 5 desks on a group and wait till class starts. Now right then one of my friends walks in and sits down. He then says" Hey guys, guess what I instagrammed on my way over here". I look and find out these 2 seniors brought a freakin gamecube, a small TV, and four controllers during lunch. On closer inspection, I look at what they were playing... and find out it is Super Smash Bros. Melee with Yoshi's Island as the stage. I get so excited but then I start worrying about if they will leave before I go to lunch.
After he showed me everybody started imagining for it to rather be a xbox 360 or a ps3 and stuff. Well, not me, since I was lost in thought and was anxious for class to end. One of my best friends asks me if I want to battle them or ssomethin and I say " Hell yeah! I need to defeat everybody I can to become the strongest!". Next thing you know, class was over and I quickly get up and start walking fast towards the lunchroom. My god. They were still there and they were killing all these "nostalgic people that played it and say can kill everybody". I saw they knew how to wavedash and all those advanced techniques. Well, there was a lot of people there and I was thinking to myself how was I going to freakin play with all these people. Then all of a sudden I find myself going through the herd of people and find the 2 owners of the gamecube. I then say "One on one Bro!" and he accepts as the whole crowd of people then say "ooooooohhhhhhhhh". Now he starts picking falco and I choose Marth. Then Final Destination as the stage. He then starts doing all these flashy moves with falco notably the shine cancel or somethin... and I quickly start the match by forward-smashing him and he dies. I guess he got mad or somethin and then started becoming serious. It was an intense match... and I win! All these people that I knew and didn't know say stuff like " wth? I never knew you were good at this game and stuff, that was badass man, and just a plain wows". I felt alive and from there I then decided I will challenge the world. Well, after that I started to play smash bros. melee and Project M daily and surf the web and learn all the advanced techniques I can find. Now I'am in summer break and have the urge to battle someone since I moved away from my old place where there were some smashers. Well, that was long, and I hope everyone enjoys this. Cheers!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice to meet you Goldenmarth! I'm sure we'll get along just fine since you're a fellow Fire Emblem fan (and just like you I'm eagerly waiting for more news regarding SMT x FE).

And that's a pretty funny story - especially how the guy got KO'd from a single F-Smash at the beginning of the match. I probably wouldn't have been able to finish the match since I would be laughing too much. I feel for the Falco though. Along with Fire Emblem, I hold Star Fox pretty close, and Falco is my favorite character, so it hurts to hear how the guy went out. Lol.

Anyways, it's nice of you to have a goal for your future endeavors in Smash and I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

Goldenmarth51

Smash Cadet
NNID
mgainus87
3DS FC
0748-2063-8060
Ha ha thanks! Luckily for me, there is a tournament nearby by my city. Time to test my skillz and stuff. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom