• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello all

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey everbody, I'm PhilosophicAnimal. I've been here for the past few months, (just before E3 or so), though you may not have recognized me under that 'guest' banner... I tend not to post much on the 'net, usually I just find myself lurking most of the time. But all the Smash 4 hype made me want to join a community so I could finally let out some pent-up geek energy. I've been super impressed by how respectful and intelligent most of the posts I've seen here are, and how well moderated everything is (compares to the chaos that is gamefaqs... ugh.), so here I am, pushing past all of my various social phobias to join Smashboards. I have to admit, I'm alittle nervous... I'm kinda worried I'll get modded for something by accident. just keep in mind if I do, I didn't mean it.;)

As for what I'm about... Well, like my info says, I'm an aspiring artist/writer, and a huge video game nerd. I'm mostly just a Nintendo fan, though I have dabbled in some PS3 games. I'm also, obviously, a huge Smash fan. If I had to give my dedication to Smash a rating, it would be somewhere between casual and competitive; I don't really care for items and stage distractions, but I'm not very into the advanced stuff, nor am I super competitive. As you can see from my mains, I also tend to jump around alot on who I use. I'm just in it for the fun, really. Also, Keep in mind that I work the late shift, so most of my posts will probably be at very weird times, except on my off days, of course.

So there I am. I'll see you all on the boards, and hopefully play some of you when Smash 4 comes out!:laugh:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ha ha, "pent-up geek energy", that made me chuckle :p

Anyways, welcome officially to the forums! As someone with social phobias, I'm sure it was pretty big for you to join, even more so to make an introduction thread as you did.

As for being modded, you won't have to worry about anything as long as you avoid the main problems like double posting, spamming/not being on-topic often, etc. So you have an understanding of what to expect around here, I'll link you to the Global Rules.

Hope to catch you around on the forums sometime. Enjoy the atmosphere :)

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ha ha, "pent-up geek energy", that made me chuckle
:) Always happy to make some laughs.

Thanks for the words about social stuff... It is crazy hard for me. I'm even sorta shaky right now. But it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Also, I'm not quite sure if I'm using the quote function right... I suck at computers. Hopefully it's right. If not, can you give me some tips on it? Advanced thanks.

Morbi

Scavenger
:) Always happy to make some laughs.

Thanks for the words about social stuff... It is crazy hard for me. I'm even sorta shaky right now. But it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Also, I'm not quite sure if I'm using the quote function right... I suck at computers. Hopefully it's right. If not, can you give me some tips on it? Advanced thanks.
I agree with this sentiment, it is certainly "scary" joining a new community if you do not know what to expect. I am sure that once you are adjusted, and once you meet a few internet friends that you will feel vastly more comfortable. I believe that you are using the quote function correctly, albeit you seemed to have deleted Hokori's name. Haha.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I agree with this sentiment, it is certainly "scary" joining a new community if you do not know what to expect. I am sure that once you are adjusted, and once you meet a few internet friends that you will feel vastly more comfortable. I believe that you are using the quote function correctly, albeit you seemed to have deleted Hokori's name. Haha.
Ok, totally got it now. :)

And thanks a bunch! It's definitely making things easier having people be so supportive!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome P.A!

If you accept Superman as your personal lord and savior, all your phobias will wither away and eventually...eventually you will join him in the Sun.

Welcome again, enjoy your stay, take it easy, and praise the Emperor!

AllStar.jpg

Kidd Ryze

Smash Rookie
NNID
KiddRyze
3DS FC
4639-9938-5875
Welcome aboard, man! Just made my account a few days ago, but due to me not being satisfied with the name, I got a new account. I hope you have a great experience, because my experience has been awesome, meeting fellow fans and such.

Last edited:
Top Bottom