• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello all, what music gets you pumped?

PMMikey

To be the best~
NNID
PMMikey
3DS FC
1478-6360-4387
I'm just wondering what music do you listen to while you play? I listen to like fast pace metal, deathcore, some times electroic music. What about you?

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Custom Robo : Samsara is hype. It makes me think of playing as technical as Mew2King. :150::mewtwopm:
I also like Frozen game.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I like to listen to Custom Robo: Samsara. In fact im getting the song on Battlefield on Project M.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Depends on who I'm playing. I like to play Smash music related to my characters, so my usual playlist would be:

:4pit: - Boss Battle 1, Dark Pit's Theme

:4palutena: - Destroyed Skyworld, Hades's Infernal Theme

:4lucina: :4robinf: - Id (Purpose), Against the Black Knight

:4ganondorf: - Gerudo Valley (Remix), Dark World and Dungeon

:4ludwig: - The Grand Finale, Tough Guy Alert!

:4zss: - Vs Ridley, Vs Parasite Queen

:4falcon: - Pretty much any F-Zero soundtrack

:4villagerf: - Kapp'n's Song, Go! K.K. Rider!

:4shulk: - Engage the Enemy, You Will Know Our Names

Of course, I can just as easily listen to these songs for other characters or play without music as well, but if I'm gonna put music on, I like it to be relevant to the character, it helps me get into the zone and feel like I'm doing them proud.

Dead Man's Gun

Smash Rookie
i listen to thrash metal when i play, sometimes i listen to the f-zero soundtrack too.

Mellow Soul

Smash Rookie
Mostly rap/hip hop. I listen to a lot of Childish Gambino, specifically. Bonfire is the jam when I'm trying to get in the zone lol.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Trap music- Psychic type, Antiserum, Mayhem, Hucci, KeysNKrates, Zeds Dead
Various EDM and DnB
Rap- A$AP Rocky, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Drake????

Last edited:

2Fat

Smash Rookie
Punch out theme. Dark pit theme. Dark world. Gerudo valley. Big blue. Mute city. Pokémon stadium. Brinstar. Melee theme

electroshockgeo

Smash Rookie
NNID
bansheebones
3DS FC
4554-0586-7052
with in-game music: brinstar, mute city, any mega man or pokemon music, or pictochat.

WaterDemonBaku

Smash Cadet
Usually something fast paced and long, not so much metal tho. Some of my fav tracks are usually from punk bands (Green Day's Basket Case with Green Kirby, Link, Green Villager, Green and White Mega Man on Omega Distant Planet allllll the way to 11.) and some others are from The Smash Brothers documentary. (It's on YouTube and I highly recommend watching it)

I also listen to remixed versions of some of the songs in the game like a remix of Legendary Air Ride Machine from Kirby, or Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2, (would that be an UNmix?)

And sometimes I listen to some Alternative Rock or Progressive Rock such as An Endless Sporadic (No, seriously, go look them up on YouTube. I haven't found one track of theirs that DIDN'T work with Sm4sh)

CrimsonRaider

Smash Rookie
NNID
crimsonraidah
3DS FC
3411-3607-9251
I typically just listen to the game audio. A lot of the stages have very nice tracks. Smashville sometimes gets boring listening to over and over, though.

Ness Gymrae

Smash Apprentice
The only music that gets me pumped is the final destination theme, Xenoblade chronicles Medly, An Obstacle in our path, and Gaur Plain. All to perfect. :3

Last edited:

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
I usually just listen to the game. but if i wanna gonna listen to any music while I played it would probably be like early 2K's Nu-Metal

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rap music mainly southern rap and sometimes some old school reggaeton music mainly from big names on that genre.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
When I listen to the in-game music:
Pretty much all of the :4sonic: songs. The games may not always turn out that great, but the music sure is good!
And Cynthia's theme. That song really is a work of art.
When I listen to my own music:
Punk rock all the way! Those Bad Religion and Rise Against songs really get me pumped!

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
I only put the game music when I fight on Gaur Plain or Jungle Japes. Other than that, anything really, but most of the times it's rap. Illmatic is the go-to album, and anything by M.O.P. gets me hyped.

Junks

Smash Rookie
I refuse to play on any stage without the DK rap. Probably the best life choice I've ever made.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Gaur Plains, Xenoblade medley, An obstacle in our path, Final destination, NES Remix 2 theme, Destroyed Skyworld, and Dark Pit's theme.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I usually just listen to the in game music but, when I don't feel like Nintendo music I throw on some classic rock.

Maiden, Sabbath, Floyd, Rush,etc. Also, I enjoy some Gorillaz.

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
I am mainly a rap guy but I am a fan of electronic music so I would recommend listening to Martin Garrix and Steve Aoki they get me quiet pumped but if you need some rap listens I would recommend Big Krit's Mount Olympus, whatever the first video is when you search up Eminem, (Rap God (Obviously)) 6 PM in New York is a good one, Joey Badass has some good songs and Kanye West's all day.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
I listen to a lot of Kendrick Lamar, J cole, and ScHoolboy Q depending on how I feel like playing on the certain day.

Tythaeus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX-R4GE-Xx
3DS FC
4038-7179-8613
As far as In-Game music I really enjoy the Xenoblade tracks, especially You Will Know Our Names. It gets me so amped. Otherwise I'll put on some electronic music.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Legendary Pokemon Battle Themes for stuff like competitive battles just for that little edge.

I use the calmer ones for beginning fights...
but when it get's intense...

But that's not the only thing that get's me pumped, the Fire Emblem series' boss themes are amazing, especially Awakening's and Sacred Stone's

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND the Star Wars' series' battle soundtracks! (Damnable title)

Don't tell me you wouldn't want to smash to THIS:

Top Bottom