• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello - again

backalleyracer

Smash Rookie
Hi,

I used to bit somewhat active around here.... 10 years ago (time flies)

Anyway, I started playing Smash 4 more compeitively and figured I should once again do some research. I love watching the pro's play - it's how I fall asleep.

I used to be a competitive Starcraft player, as well as my hobby of racing cars. These days, I am a student in engineering but still get to be paid to race - and of course play smash at the university :)

Feels good to be back.

connorpresz

Smash Rookie
Yoooo how was playing competitive starcraft? Also how is playing smash at your school? One of the local colleges has a few people who play weekly here. But i had never heard of any of them and didn't want to show up unwelcome and compete way too hard and be THAT guy, ya know?

backalleyracer

Smash Rookie
Just be respectful - in Starcraft we say

Manners > Skill

I find no problem defeating your opponents dramatically, just be nice about it. Also, you might be suprised about others who may have great skill too.

Starcraft was fun - made great friends, but as time went on, other things became more important to me (like living a life) when I was competitive, E-sports wasn't nearly as large as it is today. I am very happy to see it grow and feel fortunate to be apart of the beginning stages.

I always dreamed of racing though, so I took on that avenue instead.

Top Bottom