• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Headphone splitter to plug directly into game audio?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I've heard from a couple people that the FL Falcon main Gravy plugs his headset directly into the game audio when he plays in tournament. Is this really possible? I figure plugging into the headphone port into crts isn't how it's done, considering that normally makes the audio stop playing from the CRT's speakers most of the time. Is there anything, maybe like some sort of splitter for the AV cables that has headphone compatibility, that could plug directly into the game audio without stopping sound from playing from the speakers?
I've always wanted to play in tournament plugged into the game audio so i could completely immerse myself in my matches, so I was just wondering if any of you dudes knew of any such thing

You'd need 2 RCA splitters, 1 female to 2 male, to split each audio cable to the TV and to the headphones or the device between the headphones and Gamecube. It you go from RCA directly to 3.5 MM audio cable, it'll work, but you're going to get ear hurting volume, I think. You'll need a converter for RCA to 3.5 MM. Then just plug your headphones into them

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/pro...categoryid=10429&subcategoryid=1042902&cpncd=

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You could also do a splitter for the headphone plug (lots of tv's have a headphone plug), and plug a portable speaker into the other side. It would have to be plugged in or have batteries though as the signal from the headphone port isn't amplified.

I've never thought of this and I think I like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom