• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heading to My First Tournament This Friday...

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Honestly, I'm super nervous. Any advice you guys could give to a first-timer?

Narpas_sword

Honestly, the thing that will impact you the most is being nervous.

it sounds like dumb advice, but : Don't be nervous.

People are going to be watching, it's (probably) going to be noisy.
Do your best to tune that out, get in your zone and play your best.

If you lose a game, take a breath and some water before you start your next game. Your oppenent won't mind, unless hes/shes a tosser.

Just like any sport. play when YOU are ready.
( I learned when i was young, playing cricket to take my time, dont let the bowler bowl till im ready to hit the ball)

is cricket a thing in canada?...

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
Don't doubt yourself. If it's down to the last stock and you would go offstage in a friendly match, do it in tournament. Don't be afraid to lose your last stock, just play normally.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Thanks, guys. As a Samus main, is there anything I should watch out for in general?

Chevy

Smash Ace
Lots of people like Mario. Get good at Z-airing through fireballs, and cancelling your tether into up-B to combat his edge guarding. In fact, use Z-air like crazy. Those who don't know the Samus matchup(almost everyone) finds it completely degenerate until they learn to deal with it, use your gimmicks! Try to learn their play style in the meantime.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Alright, thanks for the advice! Here goes nothing > <

Top Bottom