• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Head-stomping Option

Step

Smash Rookie
Hello, my fellow Greninja loyals ^_^ I just went to my first tourney last weekend, and I'm definitely looking to refine my Greninja play for the next one.

In any case, I was wondering if you all could enlighten me about one of Greninja's edge-guarding options: using his Dair at the ledge against vertical recovery. Which characters recoveries is this effective against? Which characters are unaffected by this? And what other experiences have you all had with this strategy?

Just to be clear, I'm referring to using Dair through the ledge, not off the edge unsafely.

Last edited:

fugnuts

Smash Rookie
NNID
fugnutz
I'm sure you could punish the 2 frame vulnerability on ledge grabs. The best character I have had experience with is kirby because if he doesn't perfectly sweetspot the ledge he will be above it long enough to get a free dair spike.
If you wanted to go a bit more ham I would save dair edgeguarding for stages with walls against very vertical recoveries like Megaman, Sonic, or possibly Luigi. You could possibly trade against Wario if he recovers low and Little Mac.

Try to use it sparingly because it is super risky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom