• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

He Is Too Friggin LIGHT

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hey, Game was orginally my FAVORITE character. Then, I reaized how light he is!!!! He is SICK in the air but how do you guys get around his weight??? I find if i get smashed out off the stage it spells D-e-a-t-h for me because of his "get back" game if you will. He is such an easy target for the likes of Shiek, Marth, or roy.

What do you guys do to defend? I like the dtilt but that is about it.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Learn to space properly. If you can't do that, you're ****ed.

*EDIT* Hey I just noticed you are from CT. Are you going to any New england tournaments this month? If so, I can play against you and maybe give pointers if you need them. :)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It's all about DI. You can survive to 110% and greater with the right DI. Especially moves that send you diagonally. G&W also has an extremely good crouch cancel, so know when to abuse it. Some moves though, like the knee or Ganon's fair, are just to strong and you really have no choice but to die early lol.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
CCDtilt is too good.

Also, space those moves.

DI is DEFINITELY key. Especially since GaW can be KOed easily off of the top AND the side. GaW is NOT meant to trade blows with people.

S2

Smash Lord
I have a bigger complaint...

why does his shield break so darn easy?

Its just another little thing about G&W that he didn't deserve.

As for his weight, use DI. Try to be tricky with your recovery.

Parachute is always your best friend.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
GaW got gimped so bad when it comes to defense. D: Offensively, he's pretty decent but defensively, he's total garbage.

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah it just kinda sucks.

CC and a backwards wavedash should not be his only form of defense.

Although using his d-tilt into n-air is alway nice, every once and a while when someone suckers for it.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I think nintendo tried to balance his horrible shield with his horrible down B, which doesn't help his defense at all.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hes good at CCing? Really? I would think he would be the worst....hmm
The worst at CCing is probably Luigi. Mario and Doc aren't much better either.

G&W is like top of the high tier in CCing. He's not the best, but he's really, really good at it. People who are better than him in CCing are like Roy, Marth, Falco, and Samus.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Don't forget, the D-tilt happens to be one of G&W's best vertikill options, the other two being his Up and Down Smash.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
His Up-Smash has too much lag to be used on anything but a helpless falling opponent and his Down Smash needs to be tipped. I prefer his FSmash and the Up Tilt to set up a Parachute.
Upsmash has ******** lag. BUT I think the ground hit for his Dair sets up for a tipped Dsmash.

Top Bottom