• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HaxDash and Ledge Stall Tips/Pointers

3HUNA

Smash Rookie
I've been working recently on trying to get down haxdashing. I usually play with a level one computer as well, so when they just stand by the ledge and jab randomly I can know the limits of my invincibility. What I've noticed is that I generally am just not moving fast enough to retain invincibility throughout the stall. Does anybody have any tips on how to speed up your haxdash, while also making it more precise?

Additionally, are there any ledge stall techniques outside of haxdashing that would be worth learning?

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
I've been working recently on trying to get down haxdashing. I usually play with a level one computer as well, so when they just stand by the ledge and jab randomly I can know the limits of my invincibility. What I've noticed is that I generally am just not moving fast enough to retain invincibility throughout the stall. Does anybody have any tips on how to speed up your haxdash, while also making it more precise?

Additionally, are there any ledge stall techniques outside of haxdashing that would be worth learning?
There's always the drop down and jump (I don't know what it is called) to regain invincibility on the ledge. You have to space it right or you also lose invincibility. The haxdash is pretty hard actually, you have to immediately waveland back as as soon as you come close to the platform. I don't really have any tips but to practice. Good luck.

3HUNA

Smash Rookie
There's always the drop down and jump (I don't know what it is called) to regain invincibility on the ledge. You have to space it right or you also lose invincibility. The haxdash is pretty hard actually, you have to immediately waveland back as as soon as you come close to the platform. I don't really have any tips but to practice. Good luck.
Yeah a friend mentioned that to me. I find that in trying to speed my fingers up I end up doing a regular jump up from ledge rather than doing a ledge hop. I guess it's just something that muscle memory can eventually take over.

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
Yeah a friend mentioned that to me. I find that in trying to speed my fingers up I end up doing a regular jump up from ledge rather than doing a ledge hop. I guess it's just something that muscle memory can eventually take over.
Definitely. That's the same a lot of techniques in melee especially L cancelling and wavedashing.

Top Bottom