• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having Trouble

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
So I have been playing Brawl since the day it came out in the states and I am starting to have a problem. I dunno maybe I'm overzelous or maybe I'm still used to melee speed but I am pressing the buttons way too fast or SOMETHING. I just can't seem to avoid doing tilts instead of smashes and whenever I try and dodge I just shield for a split secound. It's like the game isn't registering my left stick moves as quickly and then it just does my A moves. Should I just switch to c-sticking? I used to be pretty good at melee, but now I suck at brawl...Help?

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
You know what...nvm. I give up on Link. I have never been able to uber spam with link and since he's so **** slow now I can't even imagine trying to spam with him now. Screw it.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
You know what...nvm. I give up on Link. I have never been able to uber spam with link and since he's so **** slow now I can't even imagine trying to spam with him now. Screw it.
It's that attitude right there that tells me you suck at the game, massively. You have to practice, Brawl and melee are two completely different games, stop acting like an idiot and confusing them. You are scum, and if you think playing Link is any indication that you suck, you're wrong. You're just a terrible player altogether if you believe that the character you play reflects how skilled you are at the game. It's people like you that play characters you think are the best and not the ones you like the most that disgust me so much.

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Lol, if that was true then wouldn't I have played Shiek for the years I played Melee? lol Wtv dude. I am just so uncomfortable with him now I can't pick him up anymore. It's like I'm playing a whole different character, so instead of unlearning a character and striping away all the knowledge I have from Melee, which will take a WHILE, I would rather learn a new character and call it good. Link is probably going to turn out to be a decent character like in melee, but I have been practicing with him since the game came out and every time I do I just keep thinking back to when I played him in Melee. I just miss the old Link and think that the new Link doesn't hold a candle. If you don't believe me, fine, if you think I suck fine, challenge me, I don't give a flying frik, my brawl code is right there. According to your sign up date you weren't even on the forums in the golden days of smash, back when HDL and the Germ ruled all in the Link forums. Don't give me bull**** about not practicing. I could beat falcos that piller. I could beat advanced shiek players. I could beat shine spaming foxs. GTFO my internet you stupid kid.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Lol, if that was true then wouldn't I have played Shiek for the years I played Melee? lol Wtv dude. I am just so uncomfortable with him now I can't pick him up anymore. It's like I'm playing a whole different character, so instead of unlearning a character and striping away all the knowledge I have from Melee, which will take a WHILE, I would rather learn a new character and call it good. Link is probably going to turn out to be a decent character like in melee, but I have been practicing with him since the game came out and every time I do I just keep thinking back to when I played him in Melee. I just miss the old Link and think that the new Link doesn't hold a candle. If you don't believe me, fine, if you think I suck fine, challenge me, I don't give a flying frik, my brawl code is right there. According to your sign up date you weren't even on the forums in the golden days of smash, back when HDL and the Germ ruled all in the Link forums. Don't give me bull**** about not practicing. I could beat falcos that piller. I could beat advanced shiek players. I could beat shine spaming foxs. GTFO my internet you stupid kid.
yeah by the way, I'm an alt. account of a four year old account here, Lightshade. But I was banned, not to mention I'm a college student, I know more than you ever will about smash and everything else, I'm better than you at everything, not to mention you care enough to post to tell me so.

Also, if you think that being good at melee means you're automatically good at this game, you've got another thing coming. I've come up with more advanced techniques than you've ever heard of, so just sit there in your wet little chair and stop posting.

Top Bottom