• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with speed

Orang

Smash Rookie
I am having some serious trouble with being fast with Lucas, is there any advice that any of you can give me?

Last edited:

Orang

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm having trouble with all that but mostly ground speed. I have recent entry be playing Lucas like he is a heavy character and I don't know how to play he fast.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Lucas's WD makes him very fast. A djc pkf can also shield you get in at a slower speed. Just gotta throw out a lot of aerials.

Orang

Smash Rookie
@ Xcite Xcite wow that is the Lucas that I strive to be! I wish I was that good!

@ Y-L Y-L thanks for that I tried his DJC and it made my Lucas a lot faster! Is there anywhere where I can learned how to do the DJC PKF?

Y-L

Smash Champion
@ Xcite Xcite wow that is the Lucas that I strive to be! I wish I was that good!

@ Y-L Y-L thanks for that I tried his DJC and it made my Lucas a lot faster! Is there anywhere where I can learned how to do the DJC PKF?
All you gotta do is y->y->b and time it such that your pkf is right above the ground. It should be more like y->(wait like half a sec)->then instant y->b

Mongoose132

Smash Rookie
I would recomend going to a rehab clinic. Maybe try coffee or caffine supplements as a healthy alternative to speed.
Support from family members and loved ones is also important.
Just remember that your life is worth more than what you're doing to it.

Orang

Smash Rookie
@ Mongoose132 Mongoose132 HAHAHAHA I'll try that sometime. When I go to tournaments I normally chug Monsters and Redbulls, its quite helpful!

Fluxx

Smash Rookie
How does that lucas in the video slide so far after using psi magnet? (one example is around 1:58)
Also, around 4:10, you can magnet pull in P:M? I had no idea

Last edited:

_slydz

Smash Rookie
It's just a good wavedash out of magnet. If you have the control stick just slightly below horizontal when you wavedash, you'll go pretty far.

Last edited:

stones

Smash Rookie
How does that lucas in the video slide so far after using psi magnet? (one example is around 1:58)
Also, around 4:10, you can magnet pull in P:M? I had no idea
at 1:58 he jumped out of psi into wavedash at 4:10 it was just a shorthop into psi then glide a bit then jump into wavedash

Last edited:
Top Bottom