• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

having trouble with CG on metaknight

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
It _is_ hard on small characters from what I've seen. However, the bthrow chaingrab is _really_ easy on MetaKnight: just smash back and Z at pretty much the same time and you're good to go. It even puts Popo and Nana in the _perfect_ positions for a dthrow chaingrab continuation. You can bthrow-->dthrow-->bthrow MetaKnight to 90% with no difficulty and then usmash him.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Try pressing back then immediately afterwards press Z. If you press them together, then nana will roll backwards. If you press Z too late though, then you will miss the regrab. It just takes a bit of practice.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
I'm actually finding this much harder than the fthrow chain on characters that aren't meta or earthbounders. =(

For the regrab after dthrow I do a dashing pivot grab for some filler to time it right. lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
.*At the guy above me*

..Another noob on the ICs boards. Big surprise.

lain

Smash Master
Watch my vids against MK.

Hell, I even have a vid vs a lvl 1 mk cause i was bored and wanted to practice a bit during the tourney i was at lollll

If nana is rolling you're hitting z too fast. Slow it down a little.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
F-throwing MK is like f-throwing Ness and Lucas, so you need to grab early after Popo (lead) throws.
B-throw and d-throw IMO are easy to altgrab MK.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ah yes, the lightweights problem... For this one, I tend to stay away from Back throws since the timing between taping the stick and grabbing is so close that it causes rolls. I use the down throws and forward throws for this one and land a spike as early as possible when I can.

Edit: Oh wow... Didn't know that this was epically bumped... sorry...

Top Bottom