• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

having trouble with bair

bigsangs

Smash Cadet
ive been workin on my ledge hogging and bair sidegaurding, and a lot of the times i go to bair somebody off the level, i struggle to make it back, have any suggestions?

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Well, for most characters, 1-2 b-airs should be enough. If you're going against a Fox or Falco, just get in their face and cape 'em. One thing that might is the Dr. Tornado. If you mash the B button fast enough, you actually gain some height.

Edit: Also, when the enemy is at lower percentages, they fly less, so it's easier to land more hits. You should watch some videos of Bob$...he's crazy at B-airing.

Volt Tackle

Smash Cadet
After your oppenent is knocked off the stage, get onto the edge. If you can edgehog, go for it, but if they can get back onto the stage drop down (make sure not to fast-fall), jump up and towards them a bit with a bair, and use up-b to get back to the edge. Repeat as neccessary.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Well if for whatever reason you're jumping off the ledge while using the bair, remember that you don't have a jump left and be cautious. If you simply drop down with the bair, you can do two bairs in a row and and then bair again as you're jumping towards the stage. Also, it helps to use the c-stick to bair so you can DI towards the stage as you're doing it and be sure not to fast fall or you're screwed. If necessary, use the tornado recovery before your up-b, but you shouldn't have to as long as you use your up-b soon enough.

Top Bottom