• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble vs squirtle.

kingprawn

Smash Rookie
So i've been playing vs squirtle for a while now, and im really struggling with him. He has stage control constantly and is really hard for me to gimp. Does anyone have the same problem? Or maybe some tips for the matchup

Arctic

Smash Cadet
i was a squirtle main for a significant period of time (until my fellow smashers starting destroying me with ganondorf. Honestly i still cant figure out a was to get around ganon: his side b out prioritizes squirtles side b and ganons aerials do unbelievable knock back to squirtle.

Personally I've never played sheik against squirtle or played squirtle against sheik
this should be a good starting point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnolWcLhXqM

What does the person who plays squirtle do? what's his play style like? A video may help me help you (of you playing that is).

famous hair

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-8207-6820
i was a squirtle main for a significant period of time (until my fellow smashers starting destroying me with ganondorf. Honestly i still cant figure out a was to get around ganon: his side b out prioritizes squirtles side b and ganons aerials do unbelievable knock back to squirtle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKzvn60WXKI This may help you a bit with that Ganon problem. I played my friend's Ganon at my weekly today and he was stunned when I successfully ducked under every D-smash. You really just have to play a safe hit & run game with him though, as Squirtle is one of the most mobile characters and Ganondorf is definitely one of the slowest. Ganon hits like a truck so you've got to really work around what he's doing, utilizing hydroplane JC grabs and F-smash help a lot too. Also, don't rely too much on Side-B as an approach because it can be very predictable. I usually try to only use it to recover, close very small gaps, attack camping opponents, or kill with Aqua Jet.

I main both Sheik and Squirtle so I'll come back and edit this post in the morning with some good MU tips for Sheik.

Top Bottom