• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble resting fox's upsmash on my shield..

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Thread title says it all, I'm having some difficulties not only practicing but, deciding whether perfect wavedash --> rest or jump out of shield --> rest is better. Any tips?

Celerity668

Smash Rookie
I've found jump OOS to be better.

A tip to practice if you have 20xx is to use the spam move command and get fox to upsmash over and over.

Massive

Smash Champion
Jump OoS rest only works if you're close enough when fox up-smashes.

Theoretically you can wavedash OoS > rest if you're pushed too far back from shield for a simple jump > rest, but wavedash OoS > Grab is a lot less risky and probably a better idea in general.

If you are good at wavedashing OoS you can actually always wavedash OoS > rest (even up close) by varying your wavedash distance. It will only be slightly slower than jump > rest and you won't have to practice an extra thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom