• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Having Trouble Liking this Game

Designs

Smash Cadet
I feel like Nintendo almost had it right this time. The movement speed is very good, the move sets are uniquely Nintendo, and the roster is superb. Tell me again why I am turning off my DS after a few matches?

The replay-ability of this game pales in comparison from the past smash bros. Smash 64 and Melee would draw you in for hours on end. My family loved playing these games when we all were together, now my sister and I played a few matches this weekend and were pretty much over it.

Online matches consist of RosaLuma/Little Mac/Bowser in literally every game. I feel as if my opponents instead of trying to engage in a virtual chess match simply rush in with standard brawl tactics (which are very punishable). Without L cancelling, this game feels sluggish and incomplete. Am I doing something wrong? I loved Project M/Smash 64 and this seems to be a spiritual successor to the genesis of Smash (without the spirit).

Last edited:

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
It's not taboo to dislike something, dude. Your opinion is totally justified. If you're not having fun, my condolences. Maybe it'll grow on you. If not, you've always got PM and 64 to go back to.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
Great blog man.
I don't think there needs to be a thread for every single guy who doesn't like this game.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
Umm... I haven't fought a single Rosalina & Luma yet, and I have over 100 matches online... O.O I've also seen very few Little Macs (and when I do fight them, they regret facing me. :) ), and Bowser I've fought a few times... That match-up is so hard! x.x When I'm using my main, Ike.

Anyhow, to the main point, there are a ton of combos (expert players can get out of some of them, but that's beside the point?), and high level strategies in the game. I think you just need more time with the game. The game can be very fast. Playing it like Brawl at a very high level, but acknowledging that some things in Brawl don't work here makes your game truly start to shine, IMO.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I'm more entertained by For glory than with friends. You're pretty unlucky with your opponents. But smash monkeys thinking they're good enough to play big is kind of a part of an online scene. I agree about l-canceling, but it's not killing the game for me. Maybe just wait until the WiiU version is out.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about just multi-player matches? With the challenges and unlockable content there is a ton to do just by yourself. I've only just started going online after over 20 hours of solo gameplay.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Only time I get off if I have to work or go somewhere. Aside from that, non-stop Smashing. But it's alright. Not everyone is going to like a handheld version of a much bigger beast you'll get later in the year.

Last edited:

Aceroth

Smash Rookie
The only reason I'm not liking it so far is the fact that I have to play it on a 3DS. My hands are big enough that it's uncomfortable to play for long periods of time. I think once the WiiU version comes out it will be much more fun. My fondest memories of smash are sitting around a TV with 3 friends all playing together, so recreating that with Sm4sh is what I'm holding out for. The gamecube controller will help a lot too, but I don't want to bother with the adapter for the 3DS (feels like cheating to have such an advantage).

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Sounds like you need to find some friends, people who don't just play those characters. Personally I play random.

Last edited:
Top Bottom