• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble getting kills sometimes

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
Lately I've been having problems finishing off stocks, especially against characters that can move in the air very well, namely Jigglypuff and ZSS. I'm just wondering how other Rosalina mains setup their KOs.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
I mainly go for Up-airs, or try to throw them off the stage and read their jump with a b-air, slightly drifting above them to give them a sense of security and hitting them with either Rosalina's active hitbox or Luma's from underneath. Also just reading a landing or roll with an up-smash works well.

Hope this helped~

kk1127

Smash Cadet
NNID
kogami123
don't be afraid to go deep offstage, since rosalina is really good at gimping and has really huge hitboxes on aerials. while onstage i go for up airs and up smashes usually

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
I go for gimps, but some characters like Villager and Jigglypuff have really safe recovery options and just avoid them. Does anyone have any videos of situations like these against characters with safer recoveries?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I rather like throwing them off the stage and then aggressively chasing them down with the Fair. It has just enough knockback to KO at higher percentages and has a long lasting hitbox.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I go for gimps, but some characters like Villager and Jigglypuff have really safe recovery options and just avoid them. Does anyone have any videos of situations like these against characters with safer recoveries?
Since both Villager and Jigglypuff are smaller characters, have you ever tried doing this?

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
Since both Villager and Jigglypuff are smaller characters, have you ever tried doing this?
That certainly looks helpful, but judging by the distance luma was launched, that looks like a previous patch. Does this tactic still work in the current version?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
That certainly looks helpful, but judging by the distance luma was launched, that looks like a previous patch. Does this tactic still work in the current version?
It certainly does! But for some characters you'll have to space a little differently depending on how far they go when grab released. Like for example Luma has to be closer to Rosalina to be able to usmash Jiggly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom