• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble doing a fade away sh double fair to the right out of run.

aqualad33

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to consistently do a short hop fade away (jump opposite direction) double fair to the right out of a run?

I can do it to the left with the c-stick (which is necessary if you don't want to loss any backward momentum) because its easy to flick to the left after hitting the y button, but I can't whip my thumb around the control stick fast enough to get the rising fair on the right.

Can anyone do this consistently?

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
I like to stick to dash, shield stop and retreating double fair that way.
I can do it consistently.

Last edited:

xXadevs2000Xx

Smash Apprentice
You just need to practice the timing, it's a lot harder to the right but it comes with practice.

ridemyboat

Smash Apprentice
If you claw then you don't have to practice it. Pointer finger on y, thumb alternating on c stick and a/b, fourth finger on trigger and third finger on z.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I also recommend Shield stops for this sort of thing. It's an easy way to do this plus any sort of pivot aerial.

To perform (in case you don't know how):
During dash, press shield.
Immediately after pressing shield, tap up on the C-stick
Control your shorthop as you would any other shorthop.

Performed perfectly this only adds a frame or two of extra startup, but it's much, much easier to perform actions like the one you described.

It does take some time to get used to, especially if you focus on doing very precise shield stop stuff (for example: a dash through your opponent pivot shield stop nair is fairly difficult to do without ample practice) but it's worth it in the long run.

Last edited:

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
It is possible, but it's really tough. Just take it a step at a time, start by doing it in place before you start doing the fade back. I found that practicing hitting a handicapped bowser made the timing a little bit easier at first before I was able to start getting it empty.

Dr. Bread

Smash Apprentice
falcon players are really good at doing this, you can change the trajectory of your jump by holding a direction during marth's jump frames. its a really short window though, so you should probs go practice that a few hours.

Top Bottom