• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having texture's switch/appear maybe for character selection icons.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Today I'll be finishing Sheik's first pass and be releasing an update to my texture project by the end of the week. I was going to make her own character select Icon since she does not have one of her own and had the Sheik is default code using the code manager. Then have an optional package that would have sheik with her own icon and CSPs.

One thing I was glossing over as a feature, is if textures could change for the character selection Icon, where Zelda is whenever you switch to Sheik, or vice versa. Similar to how in the 20XX hack pack, Sheik can be selected by hovering over Zelda with the selection disc. I was wondering if an extra texture could be loaded(or some non necessary texture replaced), when the CSS loads so that when Sheik is selected. It either removes or covers Zelda's CSI with the preloaded texture at the same location along with Sheik's own set of CSPs(again added to the loading set of images or replacing maybe some non important stuff that loaded in).

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
It all depends on whether the image can be changed without reloading the screen (otherwise it would seem a bit too jerky to be worth it IMO, to have to exit and then come back, just to see one character's picture change), which, afaik we don't know how to do yet. We need to find or write a "redraw" function.

If @achilles1515 or someone can come up with a code that can swap an icon for a different one though, I could increase space in the file for more icon textures. There are other things I've been wanting to add to the CSS too, but I just haven't had the time lately to get into it.

Hmm. Alternatively, we could position new icons off-screen, and then for the swap, just update their positions. I wonder if a change like that would happen without having to redraw/reload the screen.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I played with this once. If I recall correctly you just update the pointer and the game swaps it for you. You wont be able to do this for every character due to ram limitations but if its just zelda it should definitely be possible. Assuming I remember correctly.

Top Bottom