• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having some trouble...

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Ok, so I have a friend who recently decided to play as DK, and for some reason, he gives me quite a bit of trouble.

What he does is he'll grab and Bthrow me off the ledge at low %s, then uses one of pretty much any of DK's attacks, sometimes he'll jump out and dair or fair, sometimes he'll wait for me to come back and fsmash or neutralB (if it's charged). Of course, we Falco players are blessed with a godlike lack of recovery, so I can't make it back once this happens.

It's getting rediculous, I've gone some games were I combo him to 105% right at the beginning of the game, only to get shield grabbed at 0% to gimp death. It's extremely fusterating.

Some of the things I've tried so far:

-Spamming lasers instead of approaching near the edge, so that I don't get thrown off. Result: he cargos me when he grabs in the middle of the stage, carries me to the edge, then throws me off. I can mash out of the grabs at lower percents so this does semi-work, but I still die at <30% pretty often

-Comming back up with a rising spike instead of a regular jump, so that if he tries to intercept, he gets spiked. Result: This worked once. He simply dosn't jump out after me. He'll wait on the stage or on the edge.

Please help :( I feel like a noob losing to this guy, especially considering he's playing DK (not to say DK is bad, I certainly don't think that. But this player isn't so good that he should be able to use him).

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Mindgame him. If you laser him enough and then fake him out with dashdancing or something you can trick him into attacking and them Fsmash him. The gimp kills are probably happening because you arent sweet spotting. Make sure you sweet spot with firebird or phantasm. If you dont , only then can he edge guard you. Try putting up a video or something though so we can maybe address the larger problems. :)

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
DK's dtilt can knock me out of my sweetspot attempts, at least the phantasm it can. Maybe I should try DIing under the stage and wallhugging with an upB into a sweetspot...hmmm, you might have something there ^_^

Yea, I meteor cancel the dair almost every time, but the problem is, Falco's upB goes so little distance that its tough to meteor cancel fast enough. When I do get back up, it results in DK's death though, because I edgehog his upB

Acualy, pretty recently, I got a DVD recorder, so if I can figure out how to record matches to a DVD, I can put them on youtube and link them here. I'll try to get some matches next time we play.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Sweet. The Dtilts reach almost as far out as marths dtilt. So UpBing is the best way. But if he ever does manage to hit you out of that attempt make sure you can Wall Tech it. Also DK is very easy to hit with an LHDL so make sure you can abuse that whenever possible.

Top Bottom