• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having problems with Greninja and Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Greninja is good at both rushdown and having just as much range as Ike, only with faster attacks.

Falco doesn't need blaster camping. Short hop and bair mixups are confusing and hard to punish.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Do a lot of pivot grabbing. For some reason, Ike's has tons of ghost reach and long-lasting grab boxes.

If you're both at low percents, you can test a dthrow->aether and see how they VI. If they know how to get out of it, do dthrow->aerial the next time. Greninja has just as much landing lag on aerials as we do, so he's going to try to stay on the ground and in the air only when we are, too.

Always keep this in mind: 80% for partially charged usmash, ~95-100 for uncharged usmash, 110 for utilt for easy kills. Go after both Greninja and Falco offstage and follow where they're going. Fair wall is the easiest to get going.

At mid %s, nair->fair/uair and just chase them. Nair just combos into almost anything you want most of the time.

Currently 92-4, 1 loss with Mega Man, so I'm not spouting complete BS.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Do a lot of pivot grabbing. For some reason, Ike's has tons of ghost reach and long-lasting grab boxes.

If you're both at low percents, you can test a dthrow->aether and see how they VI. If they know how to get out of it, do dthrow->aerial the next time. Greninja has just as much landing lag on aerials as we do, so he's going to try to stay on the ground and in the air only when we are, too.

Always keep this in mind: 80% for partially charged usmash, ~95-100 for uncharged usmash, 110 for utilt for easy kills. Go after both Greninja and Falco offstage and follow where they're going. Fair wall is the easiest to get going.

At mid %s, nair->fair/uair and just chase them. Nair just combos into almost anything you want most of the time.

Currently 92-4, 1 loss with Mega Man, so I'm not spouting complete BS.
I thought Ike's fair was nerfed? Did it not hit him as hard as I feared?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fair is just a forward neutral air, not as easy as before, but quicker and pushes shields better when spaced.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I thought Ike's fair was nerfed? Did it not hit him as hard as I feared?
It's not nerfed, just different. FAir is more anti-air than it was in Brawl, plus it also lingers longer and reaches slightly further. Like san said...a forward NAir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom