• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having problems with grabbing altoghether...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't get it. I can grab just fine with any other characters but, for some reason, I have problems doing it with the Ice Climbers. I can only pull off a few grabs per match with most people and they are usually my finishers. With this being said, I can usually only pull off chain grabs against the computer or less experienced players. Obviously, chain grabs are very important to their game so I feel like I'm only playing with half their potential most of the time. Does anyone have any advice?

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Might just be nerves. There shouldn't be a difference between a com puter and a player when you're doing the alt grabs, for instance. If you're doing the dthrow to fair combo, and trying to regrab they can DI away from the fair at a certain percent.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
The players you're playing against have good spacing, which makes getting a grab off really hard. not to mention, you're playing IC so they acknowledge that getting grabbed = death.

I focus alot less on grabbing than I used to. Relying on grabs is VERY stressful. Don't get me wrong. Take the grabs if you can get the.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Any with decent human opponents. :laugh: Like I said, I know how to do them but I can't seem to pull them off when I'm fighting someone that has about as much experience or more than me.
Yeah, it's the nerves. I use just a few chaingrabs in actual matches because I get too nervous. :laugh: I do just fine with Desynching.
I find the two grabs that are easy to do, even with nerves are Popo FThrow to Nana Fair, and the DThrow Chain.

Use chaingrabs in matches more often so you can get over the nervousness.

B0NK

Smash Lord
It's just nerves and the fact your more likely to rush when playing a human opponent. Also any good opponent will try to avoid getting grabbed at all cost when there playing the ice climbers. Desyching at times will help you get the grab but the rest of the chain is up to you. My easiest chains for me to pull off are when I'm using a pivot, whether it's with front throw or back throw. I know most people will say you don't need to pivot but a pivot let's you get in front of the opponent so if you fail to grab, your closer to where the opponent is going to land letting you have a chance at another grab or to just use an Up-Smash or Dash-attack. Also D-throw > F-air is easy to pull off but is best at low percentages and with some characters, it doesn't always spike easily.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, it's the nerves. I use just a few chaingrabs in actual matches because I get too nervous. :laugh: I do just fine with Desynching.
I find the two grabs that are easy to do, even with nerves are Popo FThrow to Nana Fair, and the DThrow Chain.

Use chaingrabs in matches more often so you can get over the nervousness.
These are the two chaingrabs that I can pull off as well as the grab followed up by two c sticked smashes combo. I don't feel nervous when I play except when I play against someone for the first time.

Top Bottom