• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having a Problem With My Wii

Landry

Smash Ace
Figured this would be the place for tech help. My Wii freezes whenever I go to load an app from homebrew. I haven't really updated it in a while but this is a new problem. I'm not sure why it started happening. Any ideas? All help is appreciated

John2k4

The End of an Era
Could I get a bit of info?

What System Menu version are you using?
What app(s) are you trying to launch?

If you just updated your System Menu, you might need to re-install some of your iOS-es to restore functionality.

Landry

Smash Ace
I haven't really updated anything in forever. My system menu is 4.0u. Basically everything works fine when I go to homebrew but if I try to load an apps (gecko, mplayer, snesgx, etc) it goes to a black screen. Worked really fine up until recently... Not sure what could've gone wrong.

John2k4

The End of an Era
The Homebrew Channel just released an update (to 1.1 I believe) last week, so something might have gone awry there.

Current System Menu is 4.3U, so it wouldn't hurt to update that if you can.

Do you have a Boot2/Priiloader installed that you can run an app from?

Landry

Smash Ace
I'm not connected to the internet (school wifi problems....) so I don't see how that could affect is. Is there a download link for that new update? I suppose I could try to do it manually and see if it helps anything.

btw: thanks for the help

John2k4

The End of an Era
I don't think I can link stuff for Wii hacking, but if you Google "Homebrew Channel", you should find it pretty fast. =)

Landry

Smash Ace
I'm not having any luck, strangely. Maybe you could shoot me a PM or email if you don't mind since I understand you can't post about it on here. I'm just frustrated because I wanted to play P:M and then this starts acting up...

John2k4

The End of an Era
Surprisingly, I think the P:M rush has knocked out THC's websites; I might have to get back you tomorrow morning with the install stuff.

Landry

Smash Ace
That's fine. Thanks for all the help so far. Its just that I modded my Wii so long ago and I've never really had any problems with it so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed now that it's not working.

Top Bottom