• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having a lot of trouble with the Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
I recently decided to try out the ice climbers and so far I can do the dthrow chains and nearly everything you can do out of them (except for the ice lock).

However I can not chain my forward or back throws which is a skill needed to pull off the infinite (assuming I understand the mechanics of the infinite correctly).

I have seen a video of someone doing it, but when I attempt it my throw sends my opponent too far. In the videos it seems like the opponent hardly has time to fly before being grabbed again.

So am I timing my second grab to late? I don't understand when I need to start the grab to prevent my opponent from going too far from the throw.

Extra Info: I attempted this in training mode with the cpu at 0% so don't think that my opponent is at too high a percent.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
You grab right after they say "Ay!"
They shouldn't move. You should. They should just switch hands.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Edit:

Ok I have been trying to do this but so far I keep running into problems. When I throw Nana seems to move too far in the direction I am throwing my opponent. Meanwhile if Nana IS able to grab the opponent then Popo will also do something similar to Nana when I try to throw. He runs way to far away to be able to grab my opponent.

So how do I prevent the second climber from running when I throw?

edit 2.0: Ok so I sort of got it down for the forward throw, but I cannot find the timing for the back throw. Any help?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
practice.
The timing for the bthrow and dthrow change drastically depending on the weight of the character.
First learn it on someone of average weight, like marth.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
As said from ITF...

Keep practicing and know the timing to each character. Marth is the best the character as a beginner to chain grab, because he's probably the easiest character to chain grab, and also, sometimes when you do a chain spike, a long/normal jump + a spike from Nana, it won't spike them, you need to short hop then do the chain spike, for example, if you to chain spike on Lucas, and if you do a normal jump and then do a chain spike on him, it does not spike, so you must short hop + a spike in order to do it.

Also, the hardest character to chain throw, is doing f-throw continuously is Lucas, I mean, the timing is so different. You need to press Z early in order to f-throw him to Nana. I can pull of an f-throw to Lucas, but not online, b-throw to an f-throw to Popo is easier to me. :/

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Want help? Theres a little thing on these boards. Whats it called again, ohh yea, SEARCH. Use it.
Want to get angry on an internet forum?

Really I don't understand your problem.

Anyway thank you to everyone else for helping me.

Miller

Smash Lord
Really, i dont understand how incompetent everyone is. People end up spamming our boards because there to god ****ed lazy to use the search function.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Really, i dont understand how incompetent everyone is. People end up spamming our boards because there to god ****ed lazy to use the search function.
This can hardly be called spam since it is related to the ice climbers. Oh and these forums run relatively slow on my computer so sorry for not wanting to waste an hour sifting through tons of pages.

Miller

Smash Lord
It is spam, go count how many more of these threads there are, and how many times this questions been answered. Also, THERES A GOD ****ED STICKY

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
It is spam, go count how many more of these threads there are, and how many times this questions been answered. Also, THERES A GOD ****ED STICKY
A sticky ****ed by GOD? Holy ****ing ****.... The virgin Mary of threads. So there must be a Jesus thread as well. I knew the IC forums were special but wow.

Also I read all the stickies before posting and my question was not answered.

Oh and at least this thread asks for actual info regarding the climbers rather than "who has the best IC/boost your ego here!"

Miller

Smash Lord
Like i ****ing said, your answer has been ****ing answered over 9000 ****ing times, stop being such a lazy, ignorant prick and use the seach ****ing function.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
OK guys calm down. This has been reported. Millar, instead of continuing to flame, how about you use the report button next time. ;D

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Like i ****ing said, your answer has been ****ing answered over 9000 ****ing times, stop being such a lazy, ignorant prick and use the seach ****ing function.
Did you just say...
OVER 9000!!!!!!!

Like I stated these forums run slowly on my computer. I did not feel like searching for an hour just to find some thread to answer my question.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
wow he asked a simple question and hes getting flamed badly. the stickys explain how to do it but hes having trouble on how to do it. so hes asking for help while you all flame him. most of you. like srsly calm down even if its a spam thread it will disappear sooner or later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom